LC Model (2018-present)

PPF, Ceramic, Window Tint for LC 500 Convertible COMPLETED (with pricing)!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-21, 12:58 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 640 Likes on 411 Posts
Post PPF, Ceramic, Window Tint for LC 500 Convertible COMPLETED (with pricing)!

Lots of questions about the cost for this stuff.

I am blessed to live in an area that has many many high-end detail shops so I made a lot of calls and asked for recommendations from some exotic car owners.

Average cost for full front PPF on the LC 500 is $1900 here in Scottsdale. That includes the bumper, headlamps, fenders, entire hood.

Ceramic Coating is literally all over the map from $895-$2700. The problem is that these prices factor in lots of paint correction but my LC's paint was essentially flawless from the factory so it required very little prep time. Warranties run from 2-12 years.....ugh.....ceramic is wonderful......but I feel like many of these shops are overcharging. You can have between 1-4 coats done with those prices.

Window tinting was $280-$800.....again....lots of options.....I live in AZ so a high-quality tint is a necessity.

I was hoping to drop the car off......get everything done at that one shop.....and then be ready to roll, which I factored into my choice of shops. There are a lot of shops that only do one or the other.

I found a Scottsdale auto detail shop who has been in business since 1984 and has amazing reviews; they offered me a fantastic deal for the whole package.

-Full front PPF for $1675, which included $80 for the Carbon Fiber door sills
-One-coat FlightShield Ceramic Coating covering everything except the glass (outer wheel faces, included) for $430
-Madico Wincos window tinting for $425.

I got everything done for only $2,530 and I am extremely happy with that price, and it included an additional 10% off as they had just sent out coupons in the mail.

Big shout out to Allen and Richie at Airpark Auto Detailing in Scottsdale.

I will keep this thread alive to let y'all know the quality of their work over time!

Last edited by 355F1; 07-22-21 at 10:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
kaladanda (07-22-21)
Old 01-09-21, 06:51 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

After 40 years in AZ I no longer tint my vehicles windows. The factory glass and tint has improved, and I find it harder to see out my drivers window making turns at night.
Most importantly though all my cars can be pre-cooled, including the seats when needed. In fact after 40 years I finally bought a car with a black interior. My LC.
Old 01-09-21, 08:42 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

^^^^Boy - Not me Even my windshield is tinted

Lou
Old 01-18-21, 01:55 PM
355F1
Racer

Ceramic Coating is so dope!!!!!

NOTHING sticks to my paint!

Bird poop literally wipes off with almost no effort or even liquid. It's insane!
Old 01-18-21, 03:37 PM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 470 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
Ceramic Coating is so dope!!!!!
Lou, I looked this up for mine and your benefit - evidently dope is good now-a-days.

HAHAHAHA -
The following 2 users liked this post by DRGibbons:
355F1 (01-18-21), Brinylon (07-23-21)
Old 01-18-21, 05:07 PM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by DRGibbons
Lou, I looked this up for mine and your benefit - evidently dope is good now-a-days.

HAHAHAHA -

baahaahahahahah i forgot the average age of the LC members.
The following 2 users liked this post by 355F1:
Brinylon (07-23-21), vraa (02-09-21)
Old 01-18-21, 05:50 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,951 Likes on 1,374 Posts

Originally Posted by DRGibbons

HAHAHAHA -
I knew that

Lou
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
355F1 (01-18-21), DRGibbons (01-19-21)
Old 02-08-21, 09:51 PM
TNT13
Rookie

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi 355F1

For your PPF, did they wrap around the hood or certain area to hide the edges? I heard some companies do Plotter cut which leave 1/16" to the edge in certain spot. Some companies do Free Hand so they can extend the ppf to wrap around or Mix of both methods.

Thanks
Old 02-09-21, 09:00 AM
355F1
Racer

Originally Posted by TNT13
Hi 355F1

For your PPF, did they wrap around the hood or certain area to hide the edges? I heard some companies do Plotter cut which leave 1/16" to the edge in certain spot. Some companies do Free Hand so they can extend the ppf to wrap around or Mix of both methods.

Thanks
Everything is wrapped around the edges
Old 02-10-21, 09:26 PM
TNT13
Rookie

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
Everything is wrapped around the edges
Thanks!

In Bayarea, I've seen $2900 - $1600 on just the full front. 1-coat 9H Ceramic pro goes up to $1200

It looks like I am going to go with Full Front $1665, and 1-9H Ceramic coating with Wheel/caliper and Front+Side glass for $855. That's after a 10% discount.
I may go back and ask how much less without the glass. I don't really believe in that given and cleaning window shield is pretty easy.
I also need to go back ask him for the CF Scuff plate.

There was another shop that's more hungry and I could probably get a better price, but I saw some of the work and I only thought it was OK as I've seen imperfections in some of the cars in the shop. While my intended shop (had one with wrap) looked cleaner at the mirror and the corner areas.

Old 02-10-21, 11:20 PM
DenMitch
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Additional pricing if it helps anyone (This is in the Seattle area)

PPF:
Partial Front (Includes Full Hood): $1315
Door Sills: $160 (Should have been $80 I believe)
Full Roof: $350
15% Discount: ($273.75)

Opti-Coat Pro Ceramic Single Coat: $1100
15% Discount: ($165)

Total paid: $2486.25
Old 02-11-21, 01:28 PM
FLBill
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

I’m looking into Ceramic Coating and Window Tinting right now and I’ve located a very good detailer near me. I have an appointment set for this April to have the services listed below performed. I am also going to have my carbon fiber roof treated with the Xpel Paint Protection Film and am currently waiting to get a price for that.

Stage 2 Exterior Small/Midsize Cars - $0
Vehicle exterior washed using PH neutralized shampoo with two bucket grit guard system to prevent any damage to the vehicle during the washing process.
Rims, rim walls & tires are cleaned, degreased using non- acidic cleaner with fine hair brushes to remove all break dust and dirt. Calipers will receive the same treatment.
Door jambs, gas cap, wheel arches will all be cleaned and protected. Body solvent will be applied to areas with bug splatter, tar & road grime. Full hand dry to stop all water streaking; Tires dressed Full clay bar treatment with Nano skin to de-contaminate all surfaces of vehicles exterior; All chrome or chrome film surfaces hand rejuvenated with specifically designed compounds; Exterior plastics dressed with protection; Head & tail lights protected with hydrophobic product Hydrophobic protection applied to painted surfaces before working product into the paint to allow setting time for it to seep into the pores

One Step Correction - $350
65% - 95% Correction Factor. A full polishing of vehicle paint which removes light imperfections such as minor swirls and increases gloss.

Feynlab Ceramic Plus Coating 5 Year - $1,000
This is the perfect marriage between Self-Healing technology, and ultra-durable Ceramic technology. This coating combines ultra-durable ceramic technology, with self-healing technology. If micro marring does occur, the coating will recover by up to 40%, making these marks less significant and almost invisible on lighter colored paints. This coating contains some of the same chemistry found in the 3 Year coating, and has similar physical properties such as; excellent heat resistance, brilliant gloss, and great water behavior (hydrophobicity).

Feynlab Wheel & Caliper Ceramic Coating - $300
Wheels will be removed from vehicle. Wheels and Calipers will be Steam cleaned, decontaminated and polished before applying coating

XPEL XR Plus - $500
30% Side and Back Windows
98% infrared heat rejection (780 - 1700nm) 95% glare reduction
99% UV rejection
90% solar energy absorbance

XPEL XR Plus - $175
70% Front windshield
98% infrared heat rejection (780 - 1700nm) 95% glare reduction
99% UV rejection
90% solar energy absorbance

Glass Parency Front Windshield - $0
3 year coating

10 Year Warranty
Constructed from a combination of advanced elastomeric polymers, XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS special clear coat not only prevents the film from discoloring due to contamination and ultra-violet radiation but also heals itself from swirl marks and light scratches that can occur through ordinary washing and drying or daily driving.

Feynlab PPF/ Vinyl Ceramic Coating - $0
FEYNLAB® PPF & VINYL CERAMIC is a coating specifically designed to protect the porous surface of Vinyl or Self Healing Paint Protection Films (PPF). Originally engineered for water spot protection, the high surface tension (hydrophobic properties) of Vinyl & PPF helps keep surfaces cleaner for longer. Additionally, Vinyl & PPF enhances the gloss to standard PPF while allowing matte Vinyl and PPF to retain their dulled appearance.

TOTAL - $2,325

Last edited by FLBill; 02-11-21 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-11-21, 01:57 PM
lexusphene
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

That is really cheap for those services! I would jump on it tomorrow before they change their minds.
Old 02-11-21, 02:17 PM
FLBill
Pit Crew

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusphene
That is really cheap for those services! I would jump on it tomorrow before they change their minds.
I agreed to the estimate this morning and am set for their earliest opening which is mid April. I’ve never tinted any of my vehicles before so I’m looking forward to it on my LC as the summer months here are brutal.
Old 02-11-21, 06:38 PM
74Sprtstr
Intermediate

Received 192 Likes on 146 Posts

a local window expert discouraged tinting the LC; he said there is a special coating that would be
hindered by film. with over 70 yr old eyes, the glare of oncoming headlights is hazardous;
the windshield in my LC is glare free and night time driving is much safer for me; i'm glad he
talked me put of the tint.

Quick Reply: PPF, Ceramic, Window Tint for LC 500 Convertible COMPLETED (with pricing)!