Lexotic Concepts A Reflection of Perfection.

Tuning 101

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 11:18 AM
Accord-R
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

What I kind of noticed when I had the kit was that it seemed to make good hp at such a relatively low amount of boost. I'm glad your enjoying it Rich, I'm going to try to stop down soon to go for a ride.
Old 05-03-04, 11:50 AM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Accord-R
What I kind of noticed when I had the kit was that it seemed to make good hp at such a relatively low amount of boost. I'm glad your enjoying it Rich, I'm going to try to stop down soon to go for a ride.
yeh i was going to ask. did different design of IC and shorter overall length of piping make any difference? could this be linked to higher hp at lower boost level?
also Rich what is your exhost setup? and how is your traction on stock 215s?

Last edited by EvgeshaIS300; 05-03-04 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 12:34 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by EvgeshaIS300
yeh i was going to ask. did different design of IC and shorter overall length of piping make any difference? could this be linked to higher hp at lower boost level?
also Rich what is your exhost setup? and how is your traction on stock 215s?
Eugene shortening the equation does seem to simplify things as you are not wasting time playing ring around the bumper for looks sake LOL . TURBO -> FMIC - TURBO... no extra piping length. I have no proof of anything as of yet.
I am running a custom 3" PRE-CAT exhaust. and a Tanabe RM 2.5" Cat Back.
Traction is pretty decent as i really havent broken the sound barrier until i get my A/F more up to par.

I have ALL-Season 215's so im at a slight disadvantage at the moment. but so far so good.
I'll definitely keep you posted.

Hey Eug... have you decided to keep or trade the IS300
Old 05-03-04, 12:37 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Originally posted by Accord-R
NOOO not yet!

Let me get this updated version 2.0 working 100% then I can show you what this thing was suppose to do.
Old 05-03-04, 01:08 PM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by B.Diddy
Eugene shortening the equation does seem to simplify things as you are not wasting time playing ring around the bumper for looks sake LOL . TURBO -> FMIC - TURBO... no extra piping length. I have no proof of anything as of yet.
I am running a custom 3" PRE-CAT exhaust. and a Tanabe RM 2.5" Cat Back.
Traction is pretty decent as i really havent broken the sound barrier until i get my A/F more up to par.

I have ALL-Season 215's so im at a slight disadvantage at the moment. but so far so good.
I'll definitely keep you posted.

Hey Eug... have you decided to keep or trade the IS300
thanks for info.

i'm still in the air regarding my is300 future. but i still have a year to play with it.

Last edited by EvgeshaIS300; 05-03-04 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-06-04, 02:05 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

hey Rich.

got some more Qs.

i looked at Basic Starter Kit you posted on CL. from what i understand missing parts are exhost setup and electronics ie: 7th injector, e-manage, boost controlet, turbo timer, guages. i most likely missing something else.

also what is envolved in tapping for oil return line. and is it reversable?

i know i might be asking stupid questions but i'm complite newb when it comes to FI. i'm not looking to brack sound barier, if i can get 300 to the wheel i'll be more then happy.

how much $$ would it take to get my car to 300rwhp and stay reliable at the same time.

Eugene... I am probably around that rwhp right now. My setup is TOTALLY customized to my longterm goals. the starter kit will be much much simpler.

You can run this kit on stock injector with an S-AFC or E-manage but I am not sure where the stock injectors top out for rwhp. but you'd get pretty close to 280-300 if i had to take an educated guess.

Everything about the kit is reversable... there is no cutting holes into the chassis. (as other kits do)
I will supply detailed instructions on the tapping process. The oil return line can be easily reversed and plugged. with the appropriate sized plug (-10 AN plug readily available locally)

Give me a call.. when you are in Queens or come to a meet I will be glad to give you a ride in my car. you can judge for yourself. and as ALL the questions you wish. I will answer them for you.

Pricing will depend on what you want purchased.