Lexotic Concepts A Reflection of Perfection.

more bad luck

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-02, 03:21 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy more bad luck

im trying to help a friend out, and i take off the lexus and is300 emblems off the back... well, i chipped the paint on one side, and scratched the paint on the other side.. i should have waited till it was warmer out, cuz i couldn't even feel my fingers when i was doing it... i even cut my finger with a razor and didn't even know it was cut until i saw blood dripping a few minutes later... so anyways, even though i was just trying to help, i offered to have the trunk repainted... sucks to be me!!

on top of that, since my car is out of commission, i told stkski i would let him use my cf grille for a little while...after installing it, we notice alot of residue all around his radiator... by the time he dropped me off smoke was coming from his radiator.. wtf!!!!

on top of that, just the other day, my friend with the laguna seca blue M3 was driving in boston and hit one of those square steel plates... it gashed his front 2 tires which he had to immediately replace, $600... the next morning he found one of his rear tires to be flat, so he had to replace that too...

it gets worse... exactly 24 hours after he had his encounter with the tire incident, his cousin's car was parked at his complex(02 blue IS300) while they went to go shoot pool. when they came back, they found this rear quarter bashed in!! at least the girl who did it left all her information with the front desk......

these past 2 weeks have been like a curse! thank God my girls car has been in the shop... who knows what might have happened if we had it....
Old 02-14-02, 08:15 PM
IS300M
Driver

D@mn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that

I'm afraid to go to any meets with you now LOL
Old 02-15-02, 05:02 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Dan are you nuts?!?!?!

You tried taking emblems off with a razor!!!!!

Have you ever heard of fishing line??!?!?!:eek: :eek:
Old 02-15-02, 07:42 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

yeah... i've done that too, i've used razors in the past tho... and if my fingers weren't numb, or if i at least knew they were numb, well, you get the point...
Old 02-15-02, 09:24 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Razor?? Yes I could work, in the past, but Ummm that was DUMB!!!!! Fishing line or dental Floss is the way to go. Oh... and in sub-freezing conditions.. it doesnt hurts to warm up the emblems with a hair dryer!! Better safe than sorry!
Old 02-15-02, 09:30 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

yeah... i should've just waited to do it... i started to take of the "lexus" part and that came off relatively easy... until the s, which snapped off(due to cold weather and numb hands) and then put a small chip in the paint... on the other side, the 300, well, ouch should say enough!!

yeah, i guess this wasn't completely bad luck, more like bad judgement...
Old 02-15-02, 05:13 PM
YLW IS300
Pole Position

If you had waited, you could've asked to use my heat gun!

I don't think I can talk to you anymore either Dan, you must be bad luck cause today Danielle decided to Back into the little telephone box outside my house. Haven't seen the damge to her car yet but the box don't look good!
Old 02-17-02, 08:48 PM
STKSKI
Rookie

Keeps getting worse, i bet we can keep adding to this threat over the coarse of the next few weeks cuz we always say it is at its peak and then it goes and gets worse. For you guys that dont know, my car overheated in the bronx today, lost, going to Rich's. It was rather interesting.