Lexotic Concepts A Reflection of Perfection.

Member List And Dues

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-02, 05:57 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i couldn't have said it better....
Old 02-19-02, 07:09 PM
YLW IS300
Pole Position

Ya gotta love Rich!
Old 02-19-02, 09:25 PM
habibnazir
Rookie

Lightbulb

rich ... i agree with you ... i stand behind you guys 100% and def. want to contribute as much as possible and help this run like a "well oiled machine." $5 to $10 dollars does not burden anyone with a Lexus at all, i think I can vouche that for everyone ... you are right we need to focuous on a forcast of how the money is going to be spent...i apologize if i came off totally the wrong way in my post, specially since i told eveyrone at the SKR meet that I will back financially as much as possible...
def. put it in a good way rich ...
lemme know how to help
Habib
Old 02-21-02, 08:20 AM
NewYorkIS300
Rookie

I would be willing to pay like 50 to a 100 bucks a year. I have no problem with laying out the money. But what I can't stand is everyone saying "oh well you shouldn't complain because you drive a lexus." Nobody knows everyones personal problems and incomes. I hate that whole lexus prestige bull****. Its a 31k car with Lexus logos big deal. I got it because of what it offered not b/c Its a lexus.
I drive an IS300 b/c I live past my means and I really like what the car had to offer, but you know what if my Type R didn't get stolen, I would rather be driving that. Sorry for the rant but why can't everyone say that you should throw in however much b/c it wont put you in the poor house and you don't have to be a cheap bastard! Just my .02 1/2 cents
Old 02-21-02, 09:14 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by NewYorkIS300
I would be willing to pay like 50 to a 100 bucks a year. I have no problem with laying out the money. But what I can't stand is everyone saying "oh well you shouldn't complain because you drive a lexus." Nobody knows everyones personal problems and incomes. I hate that whole lexus prestige bull****. Its a 31k car with Lexus logos big deal. I got it because of what it offered not b/c Its a lexus.
I drive an IS300 b/c I live past my means and I really like what the car had to offer, but you know what if my Type R didn't get stolen, I would rather be driving that. Sorry for the rant but why can't everyone say that you should throw in however much b/c it wont put you in the poor house and you don't have to be a cheap bastard! Just my .02 1/2 cents
Mario... ur right. Im broke as hell and stuck with the payments. And yes... my tuned 86 RX7 drove circles around this IS300 for 90% less. I also hate that.. "tough.. you drive a lexus crap" Not everyone gets handed brand new cars... some of us work pretty hard to have the things we have. But I do hope you understnd my point about the $3,000 rims scenario in my previous post.
Old 02-21-02, 09:21 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

i understand everyone has their own financial issues..... take me for instance, i haven't received a paycheck in over 6 months!!! if i can find a way, i dont care if you're 16 or 60, if there's a will, theres a way!! and if we wanna start talking about spending above and beyond our means, i'm the king at that.. i understand everyones point of view, but rich also has a point.. if you have spent thousands on your Lex...why couldn't spend 1/50 of that on your club...??
Old 02-21-02, 09:39 AM
NewYorkIS300
Rookie

I totally agree with you guys but lets not use the you drive a lexus as a way to get money. I am willing to pay to play and I totally disagree with the cop out of I have no money because my dubs dryed me out. Will Lexotic take credit. JK
Old 02-21-02, 02:17 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am still laughin at the B.Diddy name....HAHAHAHA

for real tho... this will determine the tru playa's from the ones who are playa hatin.....I think in order to have a successful club we are going to have expenses and in order to forgo payin out of pocket all the time, yearly dues are completely fair and as long as they are handled responsibly(having two ppl necesarry to withdraw funds from the bank account) I am all for it...

we cannot have a club with T-shirts,banners,stickers and what not without having dues.. it is not possible,...
Old 02-21-02, 02:39 PM
Sentinel
Pole Position

Veli is300 50/yr more if i feel the money is going to a good use.
Old 02-21-02, 05:38 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow,

I didn't know when I started this thread that I would create such controversy.

I really would not like this dues issue to segregate the club members. We need to act as ONE or this will become the beginning of the end!

Perhaps we need to begin with these dues VERY VERY slowly. By hopefully managing the money well and with novel ideas from members on how this initial money can generate additional revenue, we can take the first step in getting started!

We could then review this topic and ask members on a routine basis whether they would agree to a dues hike (sort of like a tax increase)