Lexotic Concepts A Reflection of Perfection.

Member List And Dues

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-02, 03:58 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Member List And Dues

I'd like to get a "feeling" on how many interested members are planning to participate and dedicate themselves to the Eastern Chapter of Lexotic Concepts.

I'd like this thread to capture all interested "members" and what they could afford in term of dues.

Please post your first name, the model and year of your lexus car, and how much you would feel you could afford in term of club membership dues every 3 months. Once we know how many members we have, we can then see what cash pool we would have to work with and then again ALL vote on what the money should be used for (decals, food at meets, garage tools, whatever)

As an example:

JACK, 01 IS300, $50 every 3 months (please use $25 intervals)

I think once we begin to develop this list, we would be able to get a sense what overall people feel they could afford to membership dues (I think minimum should be $25).

As you post, please quote from last person to build this list:

Here I go:

Member list:

N/A (No other post before me ...first person to respond can delete this)
Manuel , 98 GS400, $100
Old 02-15-02, 04:14 PM
IS300M
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manuel , 98 GS400, $100
Dan Kao, 02 IS300, $100
Old 02-16-02, 01:10 AM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Mike 98 GS400 dues ?
Old 02-16-02, 04:17 PM
simpdaddy
Driver School Candidate

I don't believe you should have to pay any dues.

I am currently associated with another club in the socal area. They are one of the larger VW clubs in socal. They do not charge any of their members a due or any type of fee. The only requirements is to go to the monthly meetings and any VW/Audi event or a VW get together. This club has major hooks up with several tunners and aftermarket companies. This should be about having fun and getting to know other people that have a passion for their IS.

Just my .02
Old 02-16-02, 07:14 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

simpdaddy, i agree with you to a certain extent. we aren't collecting money just to collect money. the money will be used for various things, such as decals, t-shirts or jerseys, hats, banners, tents, chairs, web development, etc.

whoever runs that audi/vw club must either have alot of time on thier hands or they don't value their time very much. i agree with you that its all about having fun and learning more about the IS, but in order for a club to make a name for itself and stand out from other clubs, you can't just follow what other people are doing. sometimes, you need to become a leader, try something new, something different. time is money and alot of us, including me, have put countless hours in to Lexotic Concepts. I dont want to be paid for my time, but i can't just go spend all my money to buy everyone in the club a t-shirt or decal...

on top of that, money will not just buy your way into this club.. this club has been founded by friends and will be made of friends, not just people who want to be in the club. everyone will pay whatever fee is agreed upon, including me. if you feel that you shouldn't have to pay to be a part of a club, thats fine, no arguments there, thats why we will ALSO have Honorary members..... for those who don't want to pay... they will probably just be some peepz who like showing up from time to time and really don't want to put any effort in helping the club succeed, but enjoy our company..
Old 02-16-02, 07:42 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

hmmmm well I would say 50 a year and take donations above that....

Brian IS300. =)
Old 02-16-02, 07:53 PM
simpdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Well I guess you can throw me on the honorable list cause I do not plan on paying any dues.

I want to help this club succeed but I don't think I need to put forth any coin. I think by me going to meetings, showing up to events or maybe even showing my car or putting it on the track should be enough. I value you my time and that should be enough payment.

If you're going to offer sticker, shirts or whatever else, you should charge those individuals for those items. I did not plan on getting any of those things so why should my dollars go towards those things or to someone else? I can understand the web hosting but even those things are so cheap now a days and you can find a program to help you design the site.

So are your East Coast rules applying to us in Socal?
Old 02-16-02, 09:38 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

That's another possibility of doing it. For people who want to make out the most of the club and enjoy T-shirts, hats, decals, whatever they can pay the cost of them directly.

They are some things the club as a whole is going to have to pay and that's where I see problems arising. If some members pay and others just become honorary members and enjoy the benefits as well, I'm sorry I think there's a problem there.

I believe dues is still the best way to go, we may start out very cheaply if everyone's not fully committed, but if we want things like a garage (the rent got to get paid, the electric bill as well) and that's where dues come in. For shows, there's entrance fees that's where dues come in as well.

Perhaps this dues this is too early to discuss at this stage of club formation, however in my opinion with no money club is not going to be able to get much done and stand out. I've heard ideas like t-shirts, jackets, decals, a calendar....those things take $$$.

Just my $0.02.
Old 02-17-02, 10:29 AM
is300hottie
Driver School Candidate

Chrystal Gilbert, 2001 IS300, $100
Old 02-18-02, 06:54 AM
SophieSleeps
Pole Position

De Hsieh '01 MSM

Dues?
I will offer tips on how Dan can drive better. This will save us countless accidents and a boatload of car-fixing money.
Old 02-19-02, 09:18 AM
cruznis300
Driver School Candidate

Default Dues

$50 every 6 months i think is fair..
Old 02-19-02, 12:40 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

how 'bout whoever wantz for those t-shirt, decal...etc accessries will pay by how many items...and everytime if something comez up...for those who wana be part of it pay due to different stuff....for example...if there's a bbq coming up...then each person pay which ever money WHEN THEY ARE THERE AND EAT...and t-shirt...if somebody doesn't want it...he doesn't have to pay it at all....got it?

peace

dave H.
Old 02-19-02, 04:00 PM
habibnazir
Rookie

some owner's might not have lots of money to donate as much as other owner's who can afford the car themselves ... i mean like the kids that have gotten their cars as a gift from their parents...
i dunno ... i got my own pockets and ill pull money out of it for the club any time asked upon, but id just like there to be a more valuable spendning cause, and id like to know who is responsible for the money..

for instance, if you want a t shirt or sticker buy it yourself. someone can be in charge of merchandise and have them made and then sell them

the money donated should be asked for when meets come up like carlile (spelling?) where you need to pay to have your car on display and then we can enter as a group and have a booth setup and stand proudly with fellow lex bubba owners .... if the money is gonna get spent like that then ill donate any amount needed

another valuable cause for money, haven a meet and someone is gonna graciously cook the food or cater it, like at SKR, and that person needs reemburssment for the money spent. for isntance when you guys meet up somehwere just charge a 5 buck fee like we did at SKR so everyone can eat...

i think the money should be asked for when needed for something important.
What do you think?

Is300er I didn't read your post till after I replied, but what im trying to say is exactly parallel to you ... i def. agreee
Habib
Old 02-19-02, 04:18 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

What the verdict from the Lexotic Concepts Officers?

Mr President
and Monica....

I mean VPs.

What's your philosophy when it comes to dues?

What the verdict?

Old 02-19-02, 04:51 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the philosophy on the East is as follows....

This isnt gonna be a "pick what you wanna pay for" club. Most of us on the East coast have become very close friends in a rather short amount of time (less than a year)

I believe the future expenses that our local chapters may incur will be addressed at each meeting. If there is a club project that may be coming up that needs funding, we ALL will contribute financially in any way we can. Nevertheless, everyone WILL contribute something. We obviously will take into consideration that you may be financially burdened, unemployed, attending college, huge monthly bills, or whatever. (we are not heartless) But please dont think you will show up with new $3,000 rims to a meet and then complain about tossing in $5-$10 for a club T-shirt project. That my friends will get you nowhere very fast! Actually that may well enough get you voted off the island!

Until we can forecast what types of expenses will be incurred in the near future so that we may create an official policy, dues will be determined depending on our needs. We are surely not asking you for your life savings. Just bear with us.

You should be willing to chip in any which way you can to help out the club if we need something. Think of it like helping out a good friend. (sometimes it will be financially, sometimes make we need your expertise ona subject) Thats what we all will eventually become, good friends. We should all have a good time getting to that point.
If you think contributing to "your own club's expenses and needs" is not exactly what you had in mind, thats ok. We are simply looking for the few select members that are on the same page with the rest of the club.

I personally want our West & East coast chapters to function like a well oiled machine! I want us to be proud of who we are, together, not as individuals. We will soon become the benchmark to what other organizations are compared to. Just you wait and see.

Rich.

Quick Reply: Member List And Dues