Lexotic Concepts A Reflection of Perfection.

SRT Stage 4 Turbo w/N2O WRITE UP

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-02, 01:19 PM
isman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Stage 4 Turbo w/N2O WRITE UP

Well, it's been a steady progress in work and just want to inform. fellow members of an update on the car. I'm going to paste the links of photos and videos first, cause the list of mods is a bit long.

photos of SRT Stage 4 tubo w/N2O

Videos taken at SRT

Just a point of interest for those dyno experts. I ran 463rwhp & 442 lbs torque at 18psi with a 12:1 A/F ratio. I could have gone for a higher hp peak tuning but opted for the quicker spool and better mid-range performance. I didn't want just a spike at the end of the rpm range just to show more hp. Mo had the car tuned so it will be more streetable and have very good usable power with quick spool and linear power curve on my T-62-1 Turbonetics Turbo. After 30 hard dyno runs, the intake pipe was still cold as a can of beer. With such immediate power, we didn't want to dial the boost up without possible issues with the tranny (stock auto tranny with valve body upgrade) until Mo installs a heavy duty racing tranny. The engine can easily make over 500+whp with race gas and no N2O with the A/F ratio we were getting, but that's another day . On the way home from SRT to NY, I had 4 ppl. in the car (including myself), and at just 8.5psi the car was just pulling like a bat out of hell (the triple clutch t/c helps alot also). Well let's just say, I have a big smile on my face (there was a white Trans Am WS6? who became the first victim of the SRT-IS), and Mo did an excellent job on my car, and was just working (tuning) the car like it was his daily tooth brushing routine :eek: . I'm very happy with the performance aspects of the Stage 4 kit. BTW, what usually takes about 5hours to L.I., NY took me 7 1/2hrs because of traffic, and guess what, my EGT was never over 12 (usually bet 8-10). The car sounds great. The 3" custom exhaust (no cats ) with a Greddy Evo end (muffler & tip only) is not obnoxiously loud at idle to about 3,000rpm, but at full throttle :eek:, yes listen to the vid. clips. I will be changing the Greddy End pc to a Blitz NurSpec 80mm for another 10-15whp gain, cause the Greddy is 2 5/8" or 2 3/4" piping which is restrictive. Enjoy the vids. guys, and I'll try to give you an update with some kill vids . Laters woooooshhhhh.
Old 11-19-02, 01:31 PM
isman
Pole Position

Default Modification List

Sorry, got excited and fogot to add the list of mods. Here it goes:

2001 LEXUS IS300
EXTERIOR:

-Full JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Exterior.
-Full bumper replacement.
-Full rear bumper replacement and side skirts.
-JDM-Toyota black housing tail light and smoked trunk light conversion. This tail light unit is diff. than the US '02 black "chromed" tail light units. An option part in Japan.
-carbon fiber Hood. Custom Modified
Other minor exterior mods. are JDM-Altezza front grille, JDM-Altezza short antenna, oem-JDM-Altezza side markers, carbon fiber dash, carbon fiber head light eye lids, and hyper white bulbs all around.

SUSPENSION:

The car is also driven at SCCA Solo II autoX events.(SCCA member).
-JDM TEIN HA coilovers (JDM-version 22 settings from firm to soft and 4" ride height)
-JDM Full Roadracing Suspension Set up
-APR upper front strut tower bar. (had to be taken out for turbo will be replace with JIC):Updated: JIC now.
-JDM WORK 3pc 18" rims (WORK rims are rare in US).
-KUMHO V700 DOT legal road racing/autoX tires. 235/40/18 frt & 265/35/18 rear.
-Stock Torsen LSD

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE (TRANNY, GEARS, BRAKES):

-NITROUS EXPRESS single fogger wet kit. Remote bottle opener, bottle heater, TPS switch, custom purge, and custom in dash (glove compartment) Autometer hardlined pressure gauge.
-NX: N-tercooler Kit
-Ingen gen.II intake. (Taken out after the turbo install)
-Greddy Evo cat. back exhaust. (only end section used for turbo)
-Apex i SAFC (Super Air Fuel Converter). Dyno tuned for liner power line and also for the NX kit. (Taken out after turbo)
-B & M tranny cooler.
-Being installed at SRT: STOPTECH 14” (355mm) cross drilled 2pc rotors with 4 piston caliper FRONT & BACK, steel braided brake lines, and high performance pads.

The Turbo was done by www.swiftracing.com . SRT is on of the leaders in Lexus Tuning in the nation. The turbo mods on the car are as follows:

SRT Stage 4 Turbo package plus extras:

· Stainless Steel T304, tig welded, thick wall, tube-style turbo manifold
· Turbonetics® T62-1 turbo unit made to SRT specifications
· Turbonetics® Turbo heat shield
· Turbonetics® Racegate in closed looped form
· 2 Blitz Blow Off Valve (Spring converted to hold more psi)
· SRT Custom double layer fiberglass filled exhaust manifold heatshield
· Custom mandrel bent, T304 3" stainless steel downpipe
· (6) RC Engineering 440cc fuel injectors
· (6) NGK Colder Platinum Spark Plugs
· SRT air/fuel ECU
· SRT wastegate pressure regulator
· Complete mandrel bent hard pipes (turbo-to-throttle body)
· Mandrel bent intake hard pipe (includes cold air intake pipe as standard equipment)
· Stainless steel braided turbo oil supply line
· Stainless steel braided turbo oil return line
· Silicone hose connectors
· Silicone vacuum hoses
· Front mount Spearco core intercooler w/SRT endcaps
· Hard pipes to and from the Intercooler
· Intank 255lph fuel pump
· Fuel return line with variable rate fuel pressure riser
· MLS 1.4mm Head Gasket
· Auto Tranny Valve Body Upgrade
· ARP Head Studs
· HKS Adjustable Exhaust Cam Gear
· SRT triple clutch racing Torque Converter
· Individual engine oil cooler.
· Blitz Boost Control - SBC-ID
· Blitz Power Meter.
· Blitz Turbo Timer.
· Center Console TRD gauge pod with All Omori gauges Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure.
· Modifying NX kit to work with turbo. Using NX rpm activated window switch.

On order lots more.....well I'll make it a surprise and post pics when installed.

Last edited by isman; 01-18-03 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-19-02, 01:55 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ISMAN, great writup, your car is very impressive!!!:eek:
By the way, only 3 links are working on your vid page.
Old 11-19-02, 02:01 PM
isman
Pole Position

yeah, sorry about that. The server admin. who's hosting is working on it. Should be able to view all of them in few hours. Sorry about that.
Old 11-19-02, 02:18 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by isman
yeah, sorry about that. The server admin. who's hosting is working on it. Should be able to view all of them in few hours. Sorry about that.
No problem dude, just wanted to let you know!!
I'll check back later today.
Old 11-19-02, 02:52 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

So your at 463 now. Add some more parts your waiting on, tune some more and add your N20, what is your RWHP goal here? Awesome car!!
Old 11-19-02, 02:56 PM
see_fu
Pole Position

gawd damm, some people are just psychotic!

that's one badass ride!

might want to try using imagestation sine they don't compress your images.
Old 11-19-02, 04:01 PM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

whoa thats one mean ride :eek: congrats bro
Old 11-19-02, 05:52 PM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

:eek: :eek: :eek:
wow
i bet you have some kill stories

i just sent your list of mods to my gf, friends and family so they can pick their chrismas gift ideas <--- dreaming

Last edited by EvgeshaIS300; 11-19-02 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-19-02, 09:58 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

wicked bro.... just wicked!!
Old 11-19-02, 11:06 PM
bcc002
Pole Position

wow.... amazing man!:eek: :eek:
if only my parents would let me sell my stocks!!!...
Old 11-19-02, 11:16 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Default Re: SRT Stage 4 Turbo w/N2O WRITE UP

Wow you only have the stage IV SRT Turbo(2JZ-GTE swap) and you are making 463RWHP(approximately 600hp)! The stage 5 probably makes well over 500RWHP(650hp+++). :eek:

Well, it's been a steady progress in work and just want to inform. fellow members of an update on the car. I'm going to paste the links of photos and videos first, cause the list of mods is a bit long.

photos of SRT Stage 4 tubo w/N2O

Videos taken at SRT

Just a point of interest for those dyno experts. I ran 463rwhp & 442 lbs torque at 18psi with a 12:1 A/F ratio. I could have gone for a higher hp peak tuning but opted for the quicker spool and better mid-range performance. I didn't want just a spike at the end of the rpm range just to show more hp. Mo had the car tuned so it will be more streetable and have very good usable power with quick spool and linear power curve on my T-62-1 Turbonetics Turbo. After 30 hard dyno runs, the intake pipe was still cold as a can of beer. With such immediate power, we didn't want to dial the boost up without possible issues with the tranny (stock auto tranny with valve body upgrade) until Mo installs a heavy duty racing tranny. The engine can easily make over 500+whp with race gas and no N2O with the A/F ratio we were getting, but that's another day . On the way home from SRT to NY, I had 4 ppl. in the car (including myself), and at just 8.5psi the car was just pulling like a bat out of hell (the triple clutch t/c helps alot also). Well let's just say, I have a big smile on my face (there was a white Trans Am WS6? who became the first victim of the SRT-IS), and Mo did an excellent job on my car, and was just working (tuning) the car like it was his daily tooth brushing routine :eek: . I'm very happy with the performance aspects of the Stage 4 kit. BTW, what usually takes about 5hours to L.I., NY took me 7 1/2hrs because of traffic, and guess what, my EGT was never over 12 (usually bet 8-10). The car sounds great. The 3" custom exhaust (no cats ) with a Greddy Evo end (muffler & tip only) is not obnoxiously loud at idle to about 3,000rpm, but at full throttle :eek:, yes listen to the vid. clips. I will be changing the Greddy End pc to a Blitz NurSpec 80mm for another 10-15whp gain, cause the Greddy is 2 5/8" or 2 3/4" piping which is restrictive. Enjoy the vids. guys, and I'll try to give you an update with some kill vids . Laters woooooshhhhh.

Last edited by JAC JZS; 11-19-02 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-19-02, 11:42 PM
isman
Pole Position

actually Stage 4 is not a swap it's still 2jz-ge. As for whp. I can make more than 500whp with race gas but didn't want to risk the tranny for now. the 463whp was also on 3rd gear instead of 4th 1:1. I had a restrictive end muffler. As soon as I change to 80mm 3.1", I should get another 10-15 whp. Thanks for the compliments everyone.
Old 11-19-02, 11:47 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

actually Stage 4 is not a swap it's still 2jz-ge. As for whp. I can make more than 500whp with race gas but didn't want to risk the tranny for now. the 463whp was also on 3rd gear instead of 4th 1:1. I had a restrictive end muffler. As soon as I change to 80mm 3.1", I should get another 10-15 whp. Thanks for the compliments everyone.
I was thinking of the SRT stage 5 turbo which is the 2JZ-GTE swap that makes 500+RWHP... awesome setups(4 & 5) .

Last edited by JAC JZS; 11-19-02 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-20-02, 12:14 AM
ThomsonCharm
Driver School Candidate

You are doing this all with 440 cc injectors? I was just wondering because from my experience you wouldnt be able to go over the rating on the injectors as far as rwhp without screwin something up. Atleast not on pump gas. Or did you run pump gas on the dyno when you did that? Just lettin you know for your injectors this application seems a little extreme and you might want to step up a size.

Later,

Quick Reply: SRT Stage 4 Turbo w/N2O WRITE UP