Sponsored by:

Sirius in GS400?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-03, 08:35 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't decide

I keep going back and forth each day, can't make up my mind. I think I'd like Sirius better. XM proponents always push the interactivity (making requests) and the deeper play lists (more obscure tunes), and say that Sirius has too much repetition. But I don't make requests and I only listen for 45 minute trips to and from work, so I think those points are lost on me. But my wife loves Frank Sinatra and that kind of music, so that's a big plus for XM. And the hardware choices for both of them seem quite limited. I don't want something big and tacky on my dash. The XM commander is more what I had in mind.
Old 11-18-03, 11:19 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

blanco:
Since you're a techno head, you'll love Sirius' channel called 'Vortex'. Planet dance also plays quite a bit of electronica.

jacksonian:
Don't listen to the "XM Proponents", per se. The generalization about interactivity and play lists is NOT correct, but is certainly what XM would want anyone to believe. First, you can easily make requests on Sirius via the website (and you can also use the website, as a subscriber, to stream their channels). Second, the play lists are DJ/PROGRAMMER DEPENDENT. Some Sirius channels do have too much repetition because the Djs have programmed it that way, but I'll easily pick out some channels from XM that suffer from the same affliction (believe me, I've done it). Most of the programmers at Sirius take pride in playing obscure tunes, as I'm sure the XM folks do as well.
XM has a channel called Frank's Place which is specifically geared toward what your wife likes. Sirius has Fantasy Ballroom, and a couple of others in the Standards category, but I don't think their formats are equal to Frank's Place.

In general, I'm just trying to make sure that the opinions that are expressed here are objective instead of just hearsay. I've been able to extensively play with and listen to the XM system in the past, and I have an ongoing Sirius subscription in my car. Most people have only had access to one or the other, unless they work for an audio dealer. There's a TON of BS floating around on various boards regarding satellite radio.
Old 11-18-03, 02:38 PM
DA_GS400

Default xm

Hi Guys

Yes there is a way to add a aux input to your pioneer lexus gs400 stereo with out losing the cd-changer. Because thats what blitzsafe dose. How i know because I doneit my self and one other member here. I been using this for a 4 months now and no problem. It require to cut in to your harnes but it will give you aditional input for xm or any other source with rca. Pm me if intrested.

Old 11-20-03, 12:34 AM
Rondo1
Driver

Talking KEWL

Care to share how this is done? Any specific instructions? I want to be able to take them to an installer to have it done professionally. If this can work, I'm going with Sirius, ASAP.
Old 11-20-03, 06:28 AM
DA_GS400

Sure email me at da_gs400@sbcglobal.net and i will emaul you the drawings and instructions.
Old 11-20-03, 05:56 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DA_GS400
Sure email me at da_gs400@sbcglobal.net and i will emaul you the drawings and instructions.
Me too blanco-29@comcast.net
Old 01-09-04, 05:43 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation Hot news from this week's CES...

The "XM vs. Sirius" debaters just got a whole 'nother set of ammo this week, with XM announcing that their music channels will go commercial-free, and Sirius announcing that their "buy a year, get 3-months free" deal makes it cost the same as XM.