Lexus: Mark Levinson Issues and Quality concerns

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-24, 06:06 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus: Mark Levinson Issues and Quality concerns

Hello Everyone,

just curious if other Lexus owners are having issue wth your Mark Levinson system, I’ve noticed since Harman International Industries, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. Mark Levinson Audio Systems Ltd. the quality has gone downwards

​​​​​​- sounds quality not as good year pervious to 2019
- AMP over heating and shuts off into safe mode at louder volumes
​​​​​​- cutting off and on
- quality of sound not as clear, even after lowering the treble on the EQ still the highs are to high
- increasing the bass on the EQ at high volume AMP shuts down the system completely
-
It has very poor bass response and sounds very Treble

The ML is not impressive as it use to be and no wow factor, for such a premium price I expected much better quality and sound as my older Lexus vehicle

A premium sound system brand new should not be shutting down into safe mode, when the music is loud, if the option is there to turn up the volume it should be able to handle the Power/volume level

The following 2 users liked this post by Idlefree:
Rancherman (03-11-24), Urlik (06-17-24)
Old 03-11-24, 01:27 PM
Rancherman
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Agree ML system nas

Originally Posted by Idlefree
Hello Everyone,

just curious if other Lexus owners are having issue wth your Mark Levinson system, I’ve noticed since Harman International Industries, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. Mark Levinson Audio Systems Ltd. the quality has gone downwards

​​​​​​- sounds quality not as good year pervious to 2019
- AMP over heating and shuts off into safe mode at louder volumes
​​​​​​- cutting off and on
- quality of sound not as clear, even after lowering the treble on the EQ still the highs are to high
- increasing the bass on the EQ at high volume AMP shuts down the system completely
-
It has very poor bass response and sounds very Treble

The ML is not impressive as it use to be and no wow factor, for such a premium price I expected much better quality and sound as my older Lexus vehicle

A premium sound system brand new should not be shutting down into safe mode, when the music is loud, if the option is there to turn up the volume it should be able to handle the Power/volume level
My new TX one does everything you said except shut down. It does hiccup though…the music stops then starts.
The following users liked this post:
Idlefree (03-14-24)
Old 03-14-24, 02:41 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancherman
My new TX one does everything you said except shut down. It does hiccup though…the music stops then starts.
the TX is a great looking Truck

interesting, for such an expensive system seems to be a real problem, have you taken your TX to Lexus about the issues
Old 04-27-24, 04:31 PM
DriverMan
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had sound issues on my ML 2021 RX350 much like everybody. There is no base whatsoever and it also is all treble. The slider bars under sound do not make any measurable difference. I have had Lexus dealer check it thoroughly and even got Lexus Corp involved for a series of sound tests. Bottom line it is a poor design in this series of RX models. I sat in a 2023 with base sound system and it sounded way better. I had the tech yesterday ride in mine and their loaner and he even noticed quite a difference. It is very disappointing as I have had ML in all my cars and this car is poor at best.
Rancherman (04-28-24)
Old 06-17-24, 04:09 PM
Urlik
Instructor

Received 586 Likes on 403 Posts

The ML was a must for me on our 23 RX. I’m extremely underwhelmed. It was not worth the up charge. I had to turn the treble way down and the mids and lows up to make it just OK. There is no warmth to the sound at all. I believe part of the issue is just using two woofers way up front for such a large space. Lexus living on their laurels.

Then they pair it with a multimedia unit that is worse capability wise than their last system. Want to use voice commands to play a song off a USB key? Sorry, that’s only allowed for paid music subscriptions.

Last edited by Urlik; 06-17-24 at 04:13 PM.
Rancherman (06-18-24)