Sponsored by:

Alpine IVA-D900 In A GS? Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-03, 09:53 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alpine IVA-D900 In A GS? Pics?

Anyone have the new fliptop from Alpine IVA-D900 installed in a GS?? I want to see how it looks if anyone can provide pics? I have the IVA-C800 right now, but I want the 7" screen baby!!
Old 12-16-03, 12:09 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Alpine IVA-D900 In A GS? Pics?

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
Anyone have the new fliptop from Alpine IVA-D900 installed in a GS?? I want to see how it looks if anyone can provide pics? I have the IVA-C800 right now, but I want the 7" screen baby!!
you and i both! not only the 7" screen, but the dvd option as well.
Old 12-17-03, 07:57 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Gotta be somebody with this unit??? Anyone??? In a LS, GS, IS , ES, GX, LX, PLEASE !?
Old 12-18-03, 01:25 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I almost did but I got Clarion instead. I'm using Xbox to play DVDs via the remote. I hear the screen quality is like HDTV on that thing! Is this true? I haven't seen one up close.
Mike
Old 12-18-03, 04:24 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

i have one..i'll post a pic tonite
Old 12-18-03, 09:22 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Tiguy99, the screen quality is AWESOME.

Amlin, thanks alot man ! Can't wait to see pics
Old 12-19-03, 12:40 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Pic of unit playing DVD (low quality DVD)
Attached Thumbnails Alpine IVA-D900 In A GS?  Pics?-rimage-004.jpg  
Old 12-19-03, 12:41 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Pic of unit closed (no flash)
Attached Thumbnails Alpine IVA-D900 In A GS?  Pics?-rimage-005.jpg  
Old 12-19-03, 12:44 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

pic of unit closed (with flash so you can see it a bit more "clearly")
Attached Thumbnails Alpine IVA-D900 In A GS?  Pics?-rimage-007.jpg  
Old 12-19-03, 12:46 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

another pic with unit open playing MP3s...sorry..dont know why the screen of the unit looks
so messed up..but it looks pretty good in person.
Attached Thumbnails Alpine IVA-D900 In A GS?  Pics?-rimage-010.jpg  
Old 12-19-03, 12:54 AM
amlin423
Pole Position

Diesel, If you're looking to replace your unit, I think you're probalby curious about the differences between the Clarions, Alpines, Elipse,....etc..

Some people love alpine, some people hate em. I dont have opinions on Kenwood or Clarions or Pioneers because I haven't used them before. I dont like touchscreen because ( i assume) it forces you to look at the screen to know what you're pressing. I always just like how Alpine products look and I get a killer deal on them. If you're satisfied with Alpine, then you wont be disappointed with this product..I've had the CVA-1006 (same as yours w/out the CD player) and the pic quality is much much better on this unit.

BTW..getting this unit isn't going to make you less paranoid
Old 12-19-03, 04:43 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by amlin423
Diesel, If you're looking to replace your unit, I think you're probalby curious about the differences between the Clarions, Alpines, Elipse,....etc..

Some people love alpine, some people hate em. I dont have opinions on Kenwood or Clarions or Pioneers because I haven't used them before. I dont like touchscreen because ( i assume) it forces you to look at the screen to know what you're pressing. I always just like how Alpine products look and I get a killer deal on them. If you're satisfied with Alpine, then you wont be disappointed with this product..I've had the CVA-1006 (same as yours w/out the CD player) and the pic quality is much much better on this unit.

BTW..getting this unit isn't going to make you less paranoid

First, those are some nice pics ! What a wonderful setup. People have told me that this picture quality is a GIANT step ahead of the rest. So far do you have any complaints on the headunit? Did the controls change alot from the CVA-1006?

Also, I know the paranoia will increase substantially . After I get a real nice alarm setup, I would have a little less paranoia .. hopefully..
Old 12-19-03, 09:32 PM
amlin423
Pole Position

Diesel,
The picture was supposed to be the best when it first came out due to it's high resolution. It has since been over 6 months and I assume that the newer decks from other companies have screens with higher resolutions (not sure). So far, I have no complaints at all. The controls are extremely self explanatory just like the old alpines. Well, I do have one complaint. It doesn't display Chinese/Japanese. Even my tiny IRiver mp3 player is able to display chinese. I called up Alpine and they basically said heck no..Too bad though, it would've made it perfect for me. Otherwise, it should server most people just right.
Old 12-21-03, 07:55 AM
BLKCISCO
Driver

Hey Dieseal; i am also looking at the unit also. I must say i am very impressed with what i have seen so far. I was in a local Sound Advice store here and they had it hooked up and running. I fell in love with the unit. It have a very clear picture and is easy to us. I have a 1st Gen GS300 that i am going to add it too with the rest of my Alpine system at the begening of the new year. I will post some pic's when i get it. Good luck in your search
Old 12-21-03, 08:14 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by BLKCISCO
Hey Dieseal; i am also looking at the unit also. I must say i am very impressed with what i have seen so far. I was in a local Sound Advice store here and they had it hooked up and running. I fell in love with the unit. It have a very clear picture and is easy to us. I have a 1st Gen GS300 that i am going to add it too with the rest of my Alpine system at the begening of the new year. I will post some pic's when i get it. Good luck in your search
BLKCISCO, please do post some pics . What headunit do you have now?

Amlin, thanks for the wonderful pics My IVA is doing just fine but that advance technology of the D900 is really giving me thoughts of just buying it.

Quick Reply: Alpine IVA-D900 In A GS? Pics?