Sponsored by:

Volume Knob on Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-04, 05:52 AM
Burrogs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Volume **** on Radio

I have a 93 ES 300 and the volume **** on my radio has gone out. It has been on the outs for a while now, but has come loose and does not function anymore. On the way to work today, I accidently tried to turn it down, only to have it spike up violently and stay that way. It has to be at the highest volume setting, and I do not want to blow my speakers. Basically, as it is, the car is undriveable and I am stuck at work. Since the volume **** is also what turns the radio off, I am unable to do that either. Does anyone know a temporary fix for my problem? I am thinking maybe I can remove a fuse that is directly connected to the radio, thus disabling it, but I don't know which one is associated with it. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

I just need a fix to last me till this weekend, I should be getting a new HU then.
Old 01-06-04, 05:04 PM
lex-man1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest to try and find the fuse for the radio and remove it until you can get it fixed. If you have the manual for your car, it should tell you which fuse is for the radio. If not, sometimes the fusebox is marked. Good Luck.