Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

help with stereo system and specs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-04 | 04:33 PM
DontHateSc
Rookie

Default help with stereo system and specs.

hi all! i have been researching some new speakers for my car and a cd player. who all has gotten new front speakers and a new deck? thats what i am interested in right now. Also, what are the specs on the size for the front speakers stock i believe its 5.25' right? and also, how hard is it to install a new CD player, or how much would it cost to be done by a pro?

THANKS !!

edit: just thought id throw in this awesome website for instructions on how to remove every part of stereo equiment in the sc400 and the sc300 --> go here http://www.carstereohelp.com/strlexus.htm

Last edited by DontHateSc; 01-08-04 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-08-04 | 09:27 PM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

I live in Cali and I can tell you to have a system installed in a SC a shop here will charge about $150.
I am from New Orleans and you bein in Texas could probably get it done for like $100.
PM Emerald on here and you can get a kit to fill the hole that an aftermarket stereo will leave.
You can either hard wire the system yourself otr apparantly there is a company called scosche that makes some toyota wiring harnesses and I have heard they work but don't know part numbers. I am installing my system tghis weekend or next. I'll tell you what I run across.
Do you have the pioneer or the Nak deck ?