Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

95 SC400 speakers raplacement recommendations?($5 paypal to the first who helps me!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-04, 10:26 AM
1tym
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 SC400 speakers raplacement recommendations?($5 paypal to the first who helps me!)

Sup everyone. i have a 1995 Lexus Sc400 and 3 of my speakers are blown =(. I have the Nak premium system. i am a newbie when it comes to car audio so i need your help. i got 5 bucks left in my PAYPAL account and will send that to the first person who can help me out and answer ALL my questions. I will PM the person who is most helpful asking for his PAYPAL address then i will send the money later on tonight.

The front 2 speakers(not the tweeters) and the 2 rear speakers are all 4" speakers right? if not, please tell me how they are different.

Ive searched the forum and i know the OEM speakers are 2OHM, but how many watts are they?

Is there a certain type of 4" speaker i need to get? i dont want to modify anything so i would rather replace my OEM speakers with stock size 4" (type, diameter, mounting depth,etc)? .

What is a good replacement 4" speaker? (a link to the speaker model would be helpful)

If you have replaced your OEM 4" speakers on your 1995 Sc400, what speakers did you replace them with?

thanks in advance

Last edited by 1tym; 01-30-04 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-30-04, 07:58 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to this site www.intellexual.net
Old 01-30-04, 08:33 PM
1tym
Rookie

where are the info about car audio? mainly about the speakers. i cant seem to find it
Old 01-30-04, 09:36 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4" in the front doors (but they are in custom enclosures. You will want to remove these
enclosures) The fronts will then accept 5 1/4"speakers or 6.5h (I have 5 1/4" MB Quart and I modified a little to fit the 5 1/4 speakers.)

.75" tweeters in the front
4" in the rear deck
10" sub in the rear deck.
factory sub is rated at 40 watts and will drive ONLY a 1-ohm speaker (I'm not sure about this)

how to remove the door panel:
Front Speaker:
3 phillips at the bottom of the door, 2 on the side under the plastic tops by the hinges, 1 under the black plate by the door lock mechanism, 2 long ones in the armrest bottom. Pull panel carefully, on 92 this was all one piece, on my 93 the frame around the window is seperate

I thought OEM speakers are rated 4ohm, isn't it? take out the old speaker and it shows on the speaker.
Since you are replacing the speakers, I would suggest to get 5 1/4" but 4" is ok.
Old 01-30-04, 09:50 PM
1tym
Rookie

Originally posted by Taka
4" in the front doors (but they are in custom enclosures. You will want to remove these
enclosures) The fronts will then accept 5 1/4"speakers or 6.5h (I have 5 1/4" MB Quart and I modified a little to fit the 5 1/4 speakers.)

.75" tweeters in the front
4" in the rear deck
10" sub in the rear deck.
factory sub is rated at 40 watts and will drive ONLY a 1-ohm speaker (I'm not sure about this)

how to remove the door panel:
Front Speaker:
3 phillips at the bottom of the door, 2 on the side under the plastic tops by the hinges, 1 under the black plate by the door lock mechanism, 2 long ones in the armrest bottom. Pull panel carefully, on 92 this was all one piece, on my 93 the frame around the window is seperate

I thought OEM speakers are rated 4ohm, isn't it? take out the old speaker and it shows on the speaker.
Since you are replacing the speakers, I would suggest to get 5 1/4" but 4" is ok.

can you recommend a good brand/model for a 4" speaker? also a 5 1/4" speaker?

so the stock 4" speakers in the front and stock 4 inch speakers in the rear are exactly the same?

For an aftermarket 4" speaker replacement, can i use these speakers for both the front and rears? or am i looking at the wrong type of speakers?(click the link)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14938

And if i do go with a 5 1/4... can i use these speakers? (click link)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=14941

after you answer these questions, please PM me your PAYPAL address and i will send you the 5 bucks =)
Old 01-31-04, 12:12 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you'll do a search, you'll find many threads of SC owners that have put in various types of speakers. Photos, too. The rear speakers are in a plastic "bracket". You'd want to remove the entire assembly and take it to a car stereo shop to find drivers that would be a perfect fit. Or you can remove the 4" drivers in there and replace them with those 4"s on EBay, or discard the assembly and go with a 5.25" or 6.5" driver (if you don't mind some extra drilling, and possibly fabricating a thin wooden baffle board). My 4" rear blew a few years ago and I put in a 6.5" Infinity Kappa 3-way that I had lying around with no clearance problems, and I only had to drill 2 holes.

Personally, I would not be so concerned about extensively researching which is the "best" replacement driver. Any decent 4", 5.25" or 6.5" speaker sold at Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. is bound to sound better than the original 4" Nak drivers.