Sponsored by:

the famous nak hack

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-04, 09:57 PM
X42
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the famous nak hack

Does anyone have a copy of the famous nak hack I've read about? I want to keep the stock Nakamichi radio but replace the amp and speakers. I have searched and searched and have only found the sound system diagrams for the Pioneer system... not the Nakamichi. Help... :-)
Old 02-13-04, 11:04 AM
HotBoy
Lead Lap

you are going to have trouble man. I searched for days on various sights and only ever found info for the pioneer systems. Good luck.
I would just do an adjustable Line converter from the sub outs to an amp to run subs. As far as using a seperate am for your other speakers you got me on that one.
Old 02-13-04, 01:50 PM
X42
Driver School Candidate

I guess I forgot to mention that my amp is blown so I won't be able to use the signal from there. My goal was to use the signal from the radio itself into an amp. Otherwise my options are to try and fix my amp, find a replacement nak or just change everything.
Old 02-25-04, 03:18 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightbulb Nak Hack MIA

Well I too have been searching for the Nak Hack and have had no luck, but when I started researching into individuals that upgraded their Pioneer system to Nak, I found that on the Pioneer systems that were outfitted with external amplifiers, the plugs were the same as those on the Nak system. So I looked at the Pioneer wire schematic and I am not sure yet because I have not doven in yet but I am pretty sure that the line level outputs are the same on both systems. I think I am going to do a little trial and error myself to determine the wire codes for the Nak system. I will pull out my meter and a test amp and see if the headunit outputs are the same for the Pioneer and Nak systems. Wish me luck. My Nak amp got wet and died. I already have upgraded my front and rear speakers with Infinitys. The sub was replaced with a Pioneer free-air sub (I installed a pioneer because the magnet cleared the gas tank). I have a infinity Perfect 10.1 ready to be put in an enclosure to help extend my sub level frequencies. To push all the speakers I have a pair of Sony Mobile ES amps the old school ones that were built solid.

I am going to try to install the amps without a line-driver and see how it sounds. If I am not able to get full performance from my amps I will look into purchasing a Audio Control Matrix 6 channel line driver.

I will post more once I begin wiring the system upgrade.

Last edited by wmjeffreyw; 02-25-04 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-26-04, 12:10 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Are you fellows saying you could not find any threads with links to the Nak hack, or that the existing links you found no longer work?
Old 02-29-04, 12:41 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Nak Hack Alive and well.

The link to the Nak Hack has been repaired. You can access the Nak Hack at www.technicalhelp4u.com.

I hope this helps.