Pioneer CD changer repairs

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-04, 01:41 PM
LexusDaisy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer CD changer repairs

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...076227,00.html

I found 3 Pioneer authorized repair facilities in my area from the Pioneer site. (See link) I called the one in Salem, VA. They were familiar with Lexus CD changers, and will do a diagnostic to determine costs for $30. They do not do any in-auto work, and require that the unit be removed from the car and sent to them.

The Pioneer site shows many authorized repair facilities all over the country. Not sure if all of them will tackle Lexus problems, but this one does. I will send mine tomorrow, and post the results later.
Old 03-13-04, 07:51 PM
LexusDaisy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Forget it!

This guy couldn't do anything other than offer me a contact to another guy who could maybe fix it.... for $200 minimum.

That's it, I'm replacing everything but the speakers. $200 this time, then how much when the amp dies, or the dash unit acts up??$$

I'm getting a new dash unit that will play mp3 CDs and let me plug in my laptop.
Old 03-14-04, 01:02 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

this response is from a fan of the lexus oem stereo systems. they were some of the best ever installed in factory stereo instaltions. heres some points to ponder........................................................................................... point 1do you think the aftermarket unit will last 10 years like the made in japan 1250.00 changer you are replacing . same with the amp and head unit. they have also lasted 10 years and were all made to work with the 8 speakers in your es300. theses speakers are high effeciancy low watt speakers and wont sound good with an aftermarket unit.......................................................................................................................so point 2..................the stereo shop will then talk you into all new speakers and amplifier. also there are no easy speaker adapter plugs for lexus and the install will have to be by a custom stereo shop to be done correctly. and the install will be at least 200.00 just for the labor of splicing into all the wires not even considering the headunit itself. . which if isnt done correctly will cause all matters of electrical problems for your vehicle......................................................................................................................................................... point 3 lexus charges 530.00 to refurb the cd changer so 200.00 sounds inexpensive to refurb a 1250.00 cd changer. you could still hook up an mp3 player fm modulated to the factory radio and install it in the glovebox. that at least wouldnt be messing with the factory amp which is matched to sound good through the factory speakers................................................................................................................................... point 4....lastly a aftermarket cd player in the dash is open invitation for stereo theives . they have absolutely no interest in your present cassette player and will leave your car alone with its present set up or even adding mp3 to glovebox. having a aftermarket cd player in the dash of a lexus not very safe. even late model ls430 still has a cassette player with no cd player showing . the stereo thieves seem only interested in aftermarket cd player installs.