Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Current state of aftermarket Nav: which one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-04, 02:00 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Current state of aftermarket Nav: which one?

So guys? I am looking at aftermarket navigation options. I'd like to get a touchscreen system. It seems like the players are Alpine, Kenwood, and Pioneer.

I like the Alpine since it is familiar. Alpine makes the system on my MDX. I am not sure if Alpine has a touchscreen version for their line yet though.

The Kenwood has been around for awhile and I can get a decent deal on the Kenwood units. I won't get it just because of that though.

Some of the local guys have the Pioneer and it looks good, especially now that it has a touchscreen feature.

Anyway, for you guys in the know, what is the recommended system now? It used to be that the Kenwood is good but pricey. I think that has changed. Pioneer did not have touchscreen, but that has changed too. I'd want to set up a system that is as OEM in look as possible. I think I can coerce some advice/help on installation from the local guru but I wanted to get recommendations on the parts. Since I am doing this, I'd like to be able to play DVDs as well.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.