Sponsored by:

lx470 help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-04 | 11:54 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Default lx470 help?

hi all-
i'm new to this forum and i searched the gallery and used the search button a few times, but didn't really find what i was looking for...
are there any lx470 heads out there that have custom systems? or any aftermarket h/u WITH navi?

thanks

brian

POST PICS PLEASE
Old 02-19-04 | 07:15 AM
okcfunky
Pole Position

I currently have 2 JL audio 15" subs with a 2000watt amp for those two, with a 500 watt amp for Focal speakers along with a tv in the top and a Pioneer CD/MP3 head unit. It cranks out 145db and as strong as the sport ute is built, you WILL have to tigthen every window, my rear view mirror rattles completely off after 10 min of intense bass. Invest in capacitors too, I hate driving at night when every time the bass hits, my headlights dim. Its a cool effect, and beats out ppl who have neon lights that dim in my opinion lol. I'm currently saving money for 2 JL audio 15" W7's and 3000watt amp to add on top of the whole system. If your in OKC, you can ask Audio Extreme, they hooked me up v. v. nicely. The car itself acts like a bass tube, but dont dare of turning the subs on without the back back windows in the out position. BTW, i have a 2000 model sport ute. Hope that helps ya. Currently I'm at school, and my brother back home has the car and currently unable to get pics, I'll have my parents take pics for me.

Last edited by okcfunky; 02-19-04 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-19-04 | 08:30 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Originally posted by okcfunky
I currently have 2 JL audio 15" subs with a 2000watt amp for those two, with a 500 watt amp for Focal speakers along with a tv in the top and a Pioneer CD/MP3 head unit. It cranks out 145db and as strong as the sport ute is built, you WILL have to tigthen every window, my rear view mirror rattles completely off after 10 min of intense bass. Invest in capacitors too, I hate driving at night when every time the bass hits, my headlights dim. Its a cool effect, and beats out ppl who have neon lights that dim in my opinion lol. I'm currently saving money for 2 JL audio 15" W7's and 3000watt amp to add on top of the whole system. If your in OKC, you can ask Audio Extreme, they hooked me up v. v. nicely. The car itself acts like a bass tube, but dont dare of turning the subs on without the back back windows in the out position. BTW, i have a 2000 model sport ute. Hope that helps ya. Currently I'm at school, and my brother back home has the car and currently unable to get pics, I'll have my parents take pics for me.
thanks fer the reply funky-
couple questions tho,
1) do you have navi on ur LX? if so, how'd you wire around it?

2) which model Focal Speakers are you running? and what kind of amps?
Old 02-19-04 | 04:27 PM
okcfunky
Pole Position

1) My sport ute had no navi

2) 1 JL audio 450 watt amp for the speaker amp.
1 JL audio 1000 watt amp but running at 2 ohms, its got some tricky circuitry so at 4 ohms it puts 1000watts out, but it is currently at 2 ohms, an "assumed to be 2000watt" If not a true 2000 watt output, then I'm needing to correct it by the addition of another one and a higher power alternator.
2 focal tweeters an 4 focal 6x9's not sure on the exact model, its been a few months since I saw those boxes.
I can't verify in person. Just what my brother said lookin in the rear.