Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Subwoofer enclosure in 90-94 LS400

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-04, 09:47 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm glad you're starting to see the light Leo.

IMO the Nak stuff is overpriced and overrated. I'm not trying to start a brand war here, everyone has their opinion on gear. I just think you could spend your money better. Do your research before buying, most importantly, go to a store and listen to things!!! Decks sound different, speakers sound different, etc, you should buy what you like and not what someone else likes. Go to a store where you can compare. Even Best Buy has this capability. Test equipment and you'll notice differences, find the right gear for your tastes and budget . Good luck!
Old 03-08-04, 01:48 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Earl!
I'm glad you're starting to see the light Leo.

IMO the Nak stuff is overpriced and overrated. I'm not trying to start a brand war here, everyone has their opinion on gear. I just think you could spend your money better. Do your research before buying, most importantly, go to a store and listen to things!!! Decks sound different, speakers sound different, etc, you should buy what you like and not what someone else likes. Go to a store where you can compare. Even Best Buy has this capability. Test equipment and you'll notice differences, find the right gear for your tastes and budget . Good luck!
Earl, Leo stated he wanted a head unit that would match the dash and the aftermarket Nak does match............... But when I do my system I will only use an Alpine head unit, even thought it will not match the looks of the stock unit, but that's my choice.
Old 03-09-04, 11:51 AM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Earl!. Usually, those "pre-fab" bandpass boxes are the ones that sound like crap (limited frequency range). But...there are bandpass boxes that do work and sound great (4th-order, 6th-order, wide-band/wide-range and etc.).

Persian451, how about a simple ported enclosure tuned low instead of a bandpass? It will be much more effective and sound much cleaner than a bandpass (similar output as well).