Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

rear sub and front tweeters do not work.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-04, 01:45 PM
timamin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear sub and front tweeters do not work.

I just put a new deck in my '92 lexus ls 400. the old deck died. I had the pioneer premium sound set and the 2 front tweeter speakers by the window do not work and the 8" sub doesn't work. I was told these speakers are hooked up to some amp in the car. does anyone know where this amp is or how to get these speakers to work. non of the speakers are torn and they don't look burned so I would think they would work ok. I tried to find the 2 solid brown wires from the sub where the deck is but i couldn't find them. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this year and model that I look at to find out where these wires go.

Thankz for any replies.
Old 03-08-04, 06:09 PM
sakaze
Driver School Candidate

check out this site timamin. i stumbled onto this site a while back when i was considering replacing or bypassing the amp.

http://www.intellexual.net/faq/lexusstereo.swf

here's another site for lexus related stuff. i think it's for sc300 and sc400 cars but there's stuff for ls400's too.

http://www.lextreme.com & http://www.lextreme.com/Lexbaseradiosc.pdf

i'm still considering replacing my radio and speakers but don't really want to customize a face plate and stuff for the new radio. unfortunately, i don't have much money to customize the way i want so this is probably my only option. i was thinking about installing a cd changer with fm modulator and patch thru the antenna. then i will attach an audio control three.1 crossover from the radio. hopefully, bypass the factory amp and feed directly into two amps that will feed some infinity speakers. in the front will be infinity kappa 5.25" components and infinity kappa 6.5" coaxials. the subs will probably be either a pair of pioneer 125dvc or infinity perfect 12's which will be fed by my trusty old phoenix gold mps-2500 amp. the other speakers will be driven by a 4-channel soundstream p205 for now. fortunately, i work for a car stereo wholesaler so i get pretty good deals on everything. wish they would carry better brands but i can always upgrade later. just sucks not having a cd player in the car.

hope the links and info helped.
Old 03-08-04, 07:40 PM
buttons
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one tweeter that didn't work and it did after I removed it and reinstalled the wires to it. Was not making good contact at the speaker.
doubt that it would happen to two at the same time tho.
anyway---
Old 03-08-04, 08:06 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

from my understanding I think the pioneer speaker amp on the 1st gen LS is built into the HU. I was told there is only a sub amp that is seperate in the back. But then I was also told the speaker amp is under the passenger kick panel for the pioneer systems. I dont know.. I'm gonna install some stuff next week on my car..
Old 03-09-04, 08:44 AM
spxChrome
Lead Lap

The amp is to the left of the sub in the trunk. It is used by the sub only.
Old 03-09-04, 09:12 AM
timamin
Driver School Candidate

Thankz for the links I'll try to find it and see what's going on with it. I am just trying to get this system running and see how it sounds and what I will need to change. so far I'm going to add 2 kicker comp. 12" solo's in the truck at 1000 watts a peice for alittle kick hopefully it will sound clean. I want to replace all the speakers with cerwin vega but we will see hehe. If I bypass these amps can I run put anouther amp in their place and run it on them? or is the system designed at an odd wattage or something.