Sponsored by:

System all done!...finnally

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-04, 04:42 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System all done!...finnally

So this weekend me and my dad put the finishing touches on my system. I got the first part installed all the way back on December 27th but it never got completed till now. Here'w what I got:

Alpine CVA-1000 Screen head unit
Kicker RS4 Component 4" speakers (Front in stock location, tweeters in the door)
Alpine S Drive Coax 6.5" speakers (Rear Deck)
Pioneer TS-W254F 10" free air sub (stock location)
Alpine MRV-F450 five channel amp (trunk wall)
Alpine CHA-1214 12 Disc changer (kinda stock location)
1000 Watt Inverter (trunk wall)
PS2 (under driver seat)

Here's some pics (been having trouble uploading them so i'm linking them. Some are blurry so sorry for that)

Head unit open during normal operation

Open Head Unit

Head Unit hidden away, stealthy

Closed

Me watching a little Chappelle's show season 1
Good Show

Amp and inverter (look at the size of that inverter )
Trunk

Changer in its hole (still need to make a cover for that. oops! )
Changer

So there it is. Let me know what you think. I'm wanting to upgrade to the CVA-1005 in a little bit cuz I know the CVA-1000 is a little outdated but thats all I could swing for now.

If you're wondering, in the first and second pics, the cloth covering under the head unit is a facade for Emerald's filler piece because I cut a hole in it and the wireless controller receivers are located back there totally outta sight.

I wired the PS2 on my own and did a little fab work too.

Thanks to Stereotomy in Issaquah WA for doing the install and to my old man for helping out a little too.

James
Old 03-15-04, 06:51 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice James
Any pics of the PS2 setup?

I've been wanting to change my H/U for some time now but I haven't due to security reasons. Any built in security features on your H/U?
Old 03-15-04, 10:10 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Technics
Very nice James
Any pics of the PS2 setup?

I've been wanting to change my H/U for some time now but I haven't due to security reasons. Any built in security features on your H/U?
I can shoot some pics of the PS2, but pretty much its stealth under the driver's seat. It is a pretty tight fit however.

The head unit is actually two pieces. The part you see is just the screen and control center while the "brain" is mounted somewhere else in a secret location...

If you're ever on ebay and see someone selling a screen setup but they don't have the brain, odds are it was jacked outta someone elses ride.

James
Old 03-16-04, 06:57 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, dude, looking NICE! How much is that Alpine CD/DVD player? You said it's older, so is it fairly reasonable?
Old 03-19-04, 09:16 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts
Thumbs up

That's a very clean install. Are you going to put anything under the Alpine? How about a center channel speaker like the kenwood or another screen? Just a thought to fill up the space
Screens galore!
Old 03-19-04, 09:25 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

How does your sub sound?
Old 03-20-04, 03:42 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GS3Tek
That's a very clean install. Are you going to put anything under the Alpine? How about a center channel speaker like the kenwood or another screen? Just a thought to fill up the space
Screens galore!
Thanks for all the compliments guys. Right now under the Alpine is a hollow space, but the wireless PS2 eyes are mounted under there so its totally stealth (if you look at the open screen pic with the Chappelle's Show, the little red light back there is the PS2 controller eye. Looks mean at night. )

The CVA-1000 can be had on ebay for just around 300 bucks or so, so yea its not a bad price at all. I'm using the PS2 as my DVD player now since a 1 DIN Alpine DVD player would b about double the PS2, and with the PS2 I can game too if I wanna.

The sub is a very big improvement over the stock one and is very clean. It hits pretty well for free air and I prefer it over a set of trunk mounted subs because:
1. In my old car I had an SPL system and i wasn't looking for that again and
2. With a reasonably small trunk on the SC already I wanted to keep as much room as possible for my backpack an other random crap I need to throw back there.

James

Last edited by jet864; 03-20-04 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-13-04, 06:05 PM
stelios
Rookie

how about posting a few pictures
Old 04-13-04, 08:23 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Click the links in the first post he made; those are the pics.
Old 04-14-04, 11:46 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jet864
I can shoot some pics of the PS2, but pretty much its stealth under the driver's seat. It is a pretty tight fit however.

The head unit is actually two pieces. The part you see is just the screen and control center while the "brain" is mounted somewhere else in a secret location...

If you're ever on ebay and see someone selling a screen setup but they don't have the brain, odds are it was jacked outta someone elses ride.

James
Hey congrats...thats cool. btw, what is it like playing ur ps2 on the screen? is it really hard since its so small? wat size is ur display? i have the iva-d900 ...my screen is 7" is urs the same? thanks