Sponsored by:

Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-04, 04:14 PM
massiejr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Unit

I am most likely going to put an aftermarket unit in, but I called the dealer and he said that I would have no problems as long as I had the harness to go with it. Is he incorrect. I need some help and I haven't found the answers in the forum. thanks.
Old 03-29-04, 09:34 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

gee a forum member perryla wrote a whole book on lexus aftermarket installs. there is more info on aftermarket installs on this forum than any other car make. its because lexus stereo systems are like no others. just this year there are finally some aftermarket speaker adapters for lexus stereoa with extrernal amplifiers. they cost around 20.00 and have 2 rca leads for installing aftermarket amp. the other bigger problem is getting din dash adapters for the odd shaped lexus radios. the quality of these dash adapters never seem to match the ac control for a finished look unless done by custom stereo shops . the ebay ones are all pretty poor looking.
Old 04-03-04, 06:03 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lexusaudio
...the other bigger problem is getting din dash adapters for the odd shaped lexus radios. the quality of these dash adapters never seem to match the ac control for a finished look unless done by custom stereo shops . the ebay ones are all pretty poor looking.
I agree, definitely go with a METRA dash kit!