Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

HELP: 95 SC400 Nakamichi no longer works.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-04, 09:02 PM
Supra94Red
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: 95 SC400 Nakamichi no longer works.

Hello,
I've got a 1995 SC400 and the stereo went from working fine to shutting itself off after 20 minutes and now does not turn on at all. Is the head unit bad? The fuse looks fine and the connections all look good to me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, the guys at Circuit City said they can't install a new aftemarket head unit.

Thanks,
Dan.
Old 04-07-04, 09:22 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

check your amp...i have/still have the same problem...with my car..my gas tank hose came loose in the trunk and shorted out the amp..this unables anything to work...all of my fuses were fine and the wires we good..speakers..everything! Its just that the amp powers everything..

CEO

Last edited by THE_CEO; 04-07-04 at 11:53 AM.
Old 04-07-04, 09:31 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

"Also, the guys at Circuit City said they can't install a new aftemarket head unit." <-- tell those guys that "can't" lives on "won't" street. There's a jillion posts on CL showing SC's with new aftemarket head units (although no one thinks they look as nice as the stock setup).

It can be done, it's just probably beyond CC's usual scope. I'm certain there are other shops in your town that will tackle it- all it takes is money.
Old 04-07-04, 11:35 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CEO - Yo man why don't you just pull the amp and take it to a general electronics shop?

They should be able to spot on the circuitry what got burnt by the short and fix it. I shorted out a CB once because I wired it backwards and melted part of the board. Easy fix for them - they just ran an external wire to bypass the melted section.

Also make extra sure your radio, cig, and dome fuses are good. All three have to be for the stereo to come on.

Originally posted by THE_CEO
check your amp...i have/still have the same problem...with my car..my gas tank hose cam loos in the trunk and shorted out the amp..this unables anything to work...all of my fuses were fine and the wires we good..speakers..everything its just that the amp powers everything..

CEO

Last edited by Pianoman72; 04-07-04 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-07-04, 11:54 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by Pianoman72
CEO - Yo man why don't you just pull the amp and take it to a general electronics shop?

They should be able to spot on the circuitry what got burnt by the short and fix it. I shorted out a CB once because I wired it backwards and melted part of the board. Easy fix for them - they just ran an external wire to bypass the melted section.

Also make extra sure your radio, cig, and dome fuses are good. All three have to be for the stereo to come on.
yeah yeah i know im just way to busy..and half the time im not even in town less know near a dealer or a shop...plus i like the sounds of my tires!..hehe

CEO