Sponsored by:

sony BlueTooth hands free car kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-04, 12:44 PM
BostonGS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the advice.
Where is the best place to look for wiring diagram for 98GS?

Why does sony choose to use constant VDC with ignition wire to turn it on instead of just powering off a ciglighter fused line (so that u know the power will come on and off with the car)

when i permanently installed my satellite radio, i just wired directly to the cigarette lighter line in the center console...

anyway, ill keep you posted on what i find.
Old 06-15-04, 04:15 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

A friendly, phone enthusast employee at the local Kansas City dealer printed out the 2-page portion of the electrical diagram covering the audio system from Toyota TIS. Lots of dealers sell manuals at somewhat below retail or they can sometimes be purchased on e-bay. I've got reasonably good on-line service from several dealers and purchased the shop manuals from Sewell in Texas http://www.lexus-parts.com/

You can also view/download from the electrical manual on Toyota TIS http://techinfo.lexus.com/ by paying $10 for single day access.

Actually, having the electrical diagram did not help all that much in finding the mute points in my LS. It was difficult to see the wire colors in the connectors under the console (without tearing the console completely apart) or in the trunk. The wiring diagram did not show the connector under the console which was the easiest one to connect the mute wire to. I found it by chance. Nor did the diagram show the locations of the connectors - it is a schematic and does not include photos.

Probing with a grounded test light is apparently pretty safe and effective - at least that is what the owner of U.K. phone installer SIU Communications recommends.