Sponsored by:

I need some headunit wiring help. did search

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-04, 06:04 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need some headunit wiring help. did search

I had my aftermarket headunit for over 2 years nowwith no problems.
Yesterday while i was moving my S-AFC wiring i must have disconnected something in the back of the headunit. \
This is where the problem comes in
I snipped off the sockets from the wires. Now I can't tell what wire is which and what i need to connect to what.

If anyone know the colors of the wires. Gadget SC wrote this but i need the colors to those wires.

From the back, left to right
Connector "B" Connector "A" Connector "C" Connector "D"

Connector A Pins
1. FR + (front right speaker)
2. FL +
3. ACC
4. +B
5. FR -
6. FL -
7. Ground
8. not listed
9. AMP + to power antenna
10. ILL + (for head unit lamps)

Connector B
1. Vol C
2. PWR
3. SGND
6. Vol +

Connector C
1. RR + (right rear speaker)
2. RL +
3. RR -
5. ILL -
6. RL -

Connector D
1. RU + (to sub amp pin 1)
2. Mute
3. TLMT (for telephone receiver)
5. RU - (to sub amp pin 5)

I hope you find this useful.

gadgetSC

thank you everyone.
Old 04-21-04, 11:11 AM
moshlub
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I found it

This is what was given to me a long time ago when I asked for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, OK. Moshlub, VQT, SSmith, SCream 400, here's the colours for the wiring, you owe me Shane! This is for the Nakamichi premium system, but since the colours are pretty much standard Toyota, you can use it as a reference for doing the Pioneer, the order of the pins may be different, etc, but this is enough to help you figure it out. An aftermarket adapter plug is not available, one of the Toyota plugs fits I believe, but the wiring is a bit different. Here's what I did; not wanting to cut the harness at the receiver plug, I just tapped into the plug in the back for the factory amp, since that's where most of the wiring to/from my amps runs anyway. Simple, easy, painless. As far as a trim piece for the receiver, the entire space is a full 2.5DIN, so if you use one single DIN receiver, you'll have 1.5DIN of space left over. I mounted an Alpine CVA-1005 in the uppermost space, and mounted a single DIN digital signal processor in the glove compartment, upholstered to match. For the 1.5DIN space below the Alpine, I had a guy in California make me a panel with 2 layers of carbon fiber and a layer of fiberglass in the back (so it'll be strong enough to hold gauges later). I had to trim the panel to fit, not an easy job cutting carbon fiber, but it was well worth it. In the ashtray, I made a little 'James Bond' switch panel from textured ABS, using trick RH-style switches. This controls the purple neon in the amp rack, the 140/300watt power inverter for the Playstation2, and my 'hotwired' handbrake switch (the Alpine, and other motorized monitors, must have the parking brake engaged in order to watch a DVD, so the driver can't watch while he's driving, I have remedied this). I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Remember - this is for the plug at the OE amp:

Left front mid + Pink
- Violet

Right front mid + Lt Green
- Blue

Front tweeters are split off from the door speakers post-plug

Left rear mid + Blk
- Yellow

Right rear mid + Red
- White

Sub + Supposed to be red w/ wht stripe, mine was -
- Supposed to be white w/ red stripe, mine was +
Old 04-21-04, 05:08 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i have the connectors in front of me, if you need me to read them off to you, pm me your number.
Old 04-22-04, 11:46 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by aliga
i have the connectors in front of me, if you need me to read them off to you, pm me your number.
if it is not too much trouble can you tell me the colors (including the tracers) for the entire list that i have listed on the 1st post? thank you

sorry i never got back to you about the speaker. i am still trying to clean out from the fire. (fire started in the kitchen where i keep all my car stuff at) so i am not sure what can be salvaged or not.

the most important one that i need is the power wire. I need to know what color wire is the power source for the headunit. The one where it will shut off when i take the key out of the car.

thank you

Last edited by VSsc400; 04-22-04 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-22-04, 01:05 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i have the entire radio/ac harness in front of me(out of the car), not sure which connectors go into the radio or the climate control.

if you want, i can bring it to the meet, you can stop by, or I can call you, and you can tell me which ones connect to the radio.

let me know.
Old 04-23-04, 03:43 PM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typing that out would be a PITA, and I'll probably get something wrong. Can you just use the wiring diagram? It has the colors listed. I have it so PM me if you want me to email it to you.

Maybe someone can just post it on their site for you SC people, too.

Oh if you want just the power wires that's GREEN and BLUE-YELLOW. The blue-yellow one is the main one (+B) and the onther one is secondary (ACC).

Last edited by Pianoman72; 04-23-04 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-26-04, 06:54 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Pianoman72
Typing that out would be a PITA, and I'll probably get something wrong. Can you just use the wiring diagram? It has the colors listed. I have it so PM me if you want me to email it to you.

Maybe someone can just post it on their site for you SC people, too.

Oh if you want just the power wires that's GREEN and BLUE-YELLOW. The blue-yellow one is the main one (+B) and the onther one is secondary (ACC).
pm'ed you with email address.

thank you