Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Anyway do disable the "warning" prompt on NAVI??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-04, 04:06 PM
GS3InPhx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyway do disable the "warning" prompt on NAVI??

Just curious if there is anyway to get rid of that annoying "warning" screen when you first get in the car....I'm really tired of hitting the "I agree" button....anyone?
Old 05-09-04, 05:34 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never heard of it being done. Of course there are legal reasons as to why it's there, but that being said here are a few of my ideas on how to remove/bypass the "I Agree" prompt.

1. Reverse engineer the navigation software code. Find the input character or string for the "I Agree" button and force populate the field. Unless the source code for the navigation system is available from Lexus/Denso electronics I doubt it could be done.

2. Determine the protocol of the touch screen and develop a small circuit with a timer and output generator. The timer will go active on ignition (IGN) and output the correct values to the touch screen bus to the navigation computer.

3. Build a small solenoid arm with rubber hammer that taps the "I Agree" button. This would also be on a timer that is triggered with the IGN circuit Of course this would be intrusive on being in front of the navigation screen all the time.
Old 05-09-04, 06:49 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LS007

3. Build a small solenoid arm with rubber hammer that taps the "I Agree" button. This would also be on a timer that is triggered with the IGN circuit Of course this would be intrusive on being in front of the navigation screen all the time.

-Robert
Old 05-10-04, 01:59 AM
GS3InPhx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LS007
I've never heard of it being done. Of course there are legal reasons as to why it's there, but that being said here are a few of my ideas on how to remove/bypass the "I Agree" prompt.

1. Reverse engineer the navigation software code. Find the input character or string for the "I Agree" button and force populate the field. Unless the source code for the navigation system is available from Lexus/Denso electronics I doubt it could be done.

2. Determine the protocol of the touch screen and develop a small circuit with a timer and output generator. The timer will go active on ignition (IGN) and output the correct values to the touch screen bus to the navigation computer.

OK, ok funny man, I have been reading about people going into settings on the nav menu...wondering if I could get rid if it there... ah well, I guess my index finger is gonna have to work overtime.