Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Help me pick a New Universal CD changer!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-04, 07:35 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick a New Universal CD changer!

I have a 92 SC300 with the Pioneer Unit and it has no CD button. There was a old Universal Sony CD Changer with FM Modulator but it broke. I'm looking for good performance that won't kill my budget. What do you guys think?

Here are choices that I'm thinking about.

1.Pioneer CDX-FM1287 (With this setup, I get to have all the components Pioneer quality)

Wireless remote control • wired display/control panel • CD Text • 100-disc naming • built-in FM modulator • 7-level output adjustment • mounts at any angle from 0-90 degrees • 12 modulation frequencies • CD-R and CD-RW compatible

2.Alpine CHM-S665RF (I like Alpine

Wireless remote with wired display/control panel • 5-position adjustable mounting • CD-R and CD-RW compatible • also compatible with Alpine M-Bus changer-controlling receivers

3.JVC CH-X1100RF (I like this one because it seems to be very affordable and has alot of features)

Wireless remote with wired display/control panel • BBE II processing • 5 mounting angles between 0-90 degrees • 10 modulation frequencies • CD-R and CD-RW compatible

4.Sony CDX-565MXRF

Wireless remote control • wired slimline display/control panel • 12-second Advanced Electronic Shock Protection • D-Bass • built-in FM modulator • 9 modulation frequencies • plays MP3s, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs

If there is anything else I should consider, let me know! Thanks guys!

Last edited by Thomas C; 05-10-04 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-11-04, 06:45 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

it doesnt matter because the radio thinks a fm station is playing and doesnt turm on to full fidelity. if you had a factory cd button radio when you pushed cd button with the factory cd changer hooked up an internal radio equailzer turns on RADIO AMPLIFIER TO FULL FIDELITY. so since that is not the case in fm changers the fidelity is only going to be the same as fm so you will not get cd qulity music. plus everythime you get near an fm station towerof the fm setting you will get interfrence in the cd music from the fm station.
Old 05-11-04, 09:05 AM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I have no other options for CD quality music than getting a aftermarket head unit?