Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Evaluating new gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-04, 07:05 PM
12volt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free car audio gear.....Yes its True.

This thread is for Percy ......

Let me know if there are any of the new Rockford Fosgate products you would like to or have time to evaluate, and I will send them to you.

No strings attached ....just some honest feedback for the forum....I value your opinion

I developed over 100 new products for RF this year and would like some feedback. I have seen many threads on the best of each category ....and let me tell you we have done our homework on competitors to raise the bar. I know their strengths and weaknesses....including our own.

Here are some suggestions.

New Power amp (any model is amazing)
New Power components
New Type RF Neo components
Power Subwoofers T1 or T2.

Rockford is back and it all starts with enthusiasts......forget about old RF products....these are all new.

Let me know..... Im up for the challenge
Old 05-19-04, 07:35 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Free car audio gear.....Yes its True.

Originally posted by 12volt
This thread is for Percy ......
Please use PM to contact Percy. This will help to not get the rest of us excited about free gear meant for someone else.
Old 05-19-04, 10:18 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

12volt,

Very tempting...just wish I had enough time for this since I'm photographing fashion models for the next few weeks and doing composite (head shots, various outfits, etc) for their portfolio. Nearly 2000 shots per event and I'm getting paid for each one.

Let's talk about the gear and I think other members would be greatly interested - you mentioned that it's completely redesigned. How are the input op amps and what are you using? Also, I haven't seen the new stuff yet...any external fans? I wouldn't be testing them in the car, but rather in a home audio setup with a modified SCD1 player for the front end. Then fed to the RF amp. Since it's a fairly controlled enviroment, I can usually pick out the differences fairly easily. Dynaudio ESOTAR stuff. I'd be comparing them to my reference amp...a modified McIntosh MC4000M, definitely one of the heavy hitters.

Would it be possible to extend a "trial" run for other members (Retro and others) for the subs or other components? Have to remember that it's their input also that goes into the product that makes it better.

Nice to see that RF is actually taking suggestions to improve the product. Not too many will do this!

I'll definitely take you up on this offer...just have to plan some time between all the photo shoots and my 60 hour work week!

Percy
Old 05-20-04, 01:44 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This post is for Percy.....

As the moderator of this forum, please take the time to rename this thread to something more appropriate/accurate. It's unfortunate that some on this forum have to resort to thread-title spamming to get attention, but fortunately, as a moderator, you can correct it.
Old 05-20-04, 07:38 PM
12volt
Pole Position

Originally posted by PERRYinLA
This post is for Percy.....

As the moderator of this forum, please take the time to rename this thread to something more appropriate/accurate. It's unfortunate that some on this forum have to resort to thread-title spamming to get attention, but fortunately, as a moderator, you can correct it.
I really hope you are kidding....I was trying to get Club Lexus people honest feedback from what I consider the reliable source in this forum.....it is not a sales pitch or spamming is far from the "attention" I was looking for.

Please dont turn something positive into a negative. I just offered thousands of dollars worth of gear for free to "evaluate"....Good or bad.

Sorry if I offended anyone....I will make sure to be politically correct in the future.

What a world we live in.....
Old 05-20-04, 08:37 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I commend your generosity, but no, I'm not kidding. You said it yourself in your very first sentence- this thread is for Percy. Neo is absolutely correct- if it's a matter between you and him, PM him.

And I also commend the moderator for doing his job- I love CL, but one of the more annoying things about cruising the forums is coming across threads that are inaccurately or incompletely titled. It's not a matter of being politically correct but rather one of consideration.
Old 05-21-04, 12:06 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i use to have the old 12" power dvc's from rockford and had 800a amps i really liked them, wouldnt mind see whats up with the new rockfords now. after my rockfords i went to audiobahn and still have the setup installed except the subs which is laying in my living room. soo let us know whats up with rockfords new stuff bc the HX and HX2 (my last involement with rockford) were pretty much crap

Last edited by joshoowa; 05-21-04 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-21-04, 04:37 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I'm currently using an RFZ3410 in the stock sub location powered by the 201S amplifier.
I used the high level inputs on the amp (stock HU so signal coming right from the wires that powered the stock sub)

I am very very happy with the quality of RF so far.
The sound is clean and the woofer doesn't bottom out even though it's being used in free-air, which it wasn't designed for.

I definitely wouldn't mind trying out some new stuff.
I think the new P110S4 10" sub might possibly clear the gas tank, and I definitely wouldn't mind a Punch P3002 or P6001 amp.

If this goes through, I'd love to participate.