Alpine, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-04, 08:15 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Alpine, Anyone?

Hi guys,

Last night I fried my amp and my sub's been belted the **** outta as well, so I'm thinking of putting in a new system. I've always liked Alpine gear so I might be going with them this time around (right now I've got Pioneer). Just got a couple of questions...

1. What do you guys and girls think of Alpine gear? Worth the money?
2. Is it REALLY worth getting a DVD player in ther car? This is one of my biggest questions, I really wanna put one in but I don't know if it's worth the hassle (monetary, cops etc)
3. Soundproofing... Has anyone used aftermarket audio soundproofing stuff? I'd like to use it on the doors and rear parcel, I just don't know which one's the best value for money.

Thanks

Jose
Old 07-09-04, 09:09 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well here goes,,

second skin sound damping material is really good! relatively inexpensive and good! Sticky ar a motha so door usage is good. If I can remember, I think their website is www.secondskinaudio.com if not, just use google to find it!

I think Alpine is good, I havent tried any of their newest stuff, but I have had excellent resulsts from their cd players say about 2 years ago! I would def. buy Alpine again!

DVD player? I dont have one so sorry, no help here, probably wouldnt get one either cause Im poor!
Old 07-10-04, 05:26 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ok my turn, yes Alpine is worth the money when in reality it isn't that much more than most headunits/dvd players, yes they used to price themself out of the ballpark but they have really come a long way in putting the goods into an affordable unit. Take for instance my IVA-D300 pulsetouch screen with dvd/cd. It is selling for MAP $1500 but can find them cheaper than that. It is a 7" screen also.
Is it worth it to have dvd?? Not really but it sure is cool as hell when you take a road trip and can watch a movie lol.
As for the sound dampening I use Dynamat and are pretty pleased with it. If it gets real hot and you use a lot of it throughout the car it sometimes smells like tar but other than that deadening material is a must for good sq. Good luck bro.
Old 07-11-04, 07:49 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

I have the alpine iva-d900. I love it. My friend has the kenwood excelon dvd/tv player in his car. i like mine a lot better i have looked at the alpine pulse touch screen. i like it, but i dont recommend a touch screen. no matter what ppl say, the touch screens will get dirty no matter wat u do. plus the iva-d900 has 1.xx million pixels...compared to to 6xx sumthin pixels of the touch screens. the new iva-d901 is coming out...mite already be out now. that is also really nice...it has the blue buttons instead of the green. heres pix of my install...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...e&pagenumber=4
Old 07-12-04, 11:10 AM
ThaDRD
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always had Alpine equipment. I don't even look at other head units. I always figured, if it's good enough for Lamborghini to put in from the factory it must be good. I have experienced three different head units in my life time, all of them great.

My most recent head unit is the CDA-9835. Check out Alpine's website for the full run-down on the 9835.
I was going to do the whole filp screen, DVD thing, but really I couldn't justify it. Yeah it's cool, but for me, worthless. The 9835 is one hell of a control center itself. I have Alpine's XM tuner hooked up as well as the amplifier link for an Alpine MRD-M501 amp (for the subs). You can control EVERY feature and get up to the second conditions on the amp (temp, volt, etc). It's a lot better than running to the trunk to adjust everything.
I also have the MRV-F340, it's a 4-channel amp that doesn't have the amp link capability.

All Alpine equipment looks as good as it runs. Good luck!

DRD