Sponsored by:

installin pioneer deh-p6400n head unit

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-04, 04:38 PM
tommy420
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installin pioneer deh-p6400n head unit

alright im not really car savay but i wopuld like to do this myself....i knwo there has been tons of threads on this but here it goes

im about to install a pioneer deck in my sc300 94' b/c it came without a cd player...im pretty sure the radio is the pioneer one then

anyway from what ive read i dont need a mounting bracket? is this right it will just slide into the one already there?

also what is a wiring harness?new to car audio dnt flame...im guessing its just referring to that white plug in the back with those wires going in to it?

and for the extra din space left over im going to do some custom work with engraving

thanks in advance ill prob have more questions later
Old 07-22-04, 06:57 PM
Stupidnewb
Rookie

Yikes....well I would highly, highly recommend you do a lot of reading over at the www.sounddomain.com forums before you dive into this. Lexus stereos are the biggest pain in the butt that I've ever encountered and I half-way know what I'm doing. I CAN tell you that a 87-90something Toyota wiring harness will almost perfectly match all the wires in your stock Pioneer tapedeck. I still haven't solved the antenna wiring, so mine is always down, but other than that it should be just plug it in and go. However, you will need to understand stereo wiring, basic soldering and be ready to start ripping parts off the center console to install it. After it's in, you've got a 1.5 DIN hole in your dash that you have to deal with....
Old 07-22-04, 07:16 PM
tommy420
Driver

i recently uninstalled speakers, amp subs and a this deck from a 91 mazda 626...fairly easy with directions

now i know how to disasemble evetything no problem there...but once in get in there will the deck just slide in and mount and will the wires match up correctly without any messing around.....i just want cd i dont care if it cant hook up to the attena

i will be keeping stock amp,sub and speakers for now in car......empty din is no problem either ill figure something out
Old 07-23-04, 10:06 PM
Stupidnewb
Rookie

One of the members here has a wiring diagram on their website, but I can't remember who. Try searching the forums for a diagram, it should help you locate which wires are which. They SHOULD match up with that Toyota harness, but you should just verify which wires are hot and which are not before plugging them into your deck.
Old 07-25-04, 11:21 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: installin pioneer deh-p6400n head unit

Originally posted by tommy420
alright im not really car savay but i wopuld like to do this myself....i knwo there has been tons of threads on this but here it goes

im about to install a pioneer deck in my sc300 94' b/c it came without a cd player...im pretty sure the radio is the pioneer one then

anyway from what ive read i dont need a mounting bracket? is this right it will just slide into the one already there?

also what is a wiring harness?new to car audio dnt flame...im guessing its just referring to that white plug in the back with those wires going in to it?

and for the extra din space left over im going to do some custom work with engraving

thanks in advance ill prob have more questions later
just use your OEM metal brackets to mount your new head unit. it will fit for sure. I"m 100% positive. as far as wiring goes, it's on CL somewhere.
Old 07-25-04, 04:06 PM
beaussc300
Driver

check you pm box i need those fogs you have!

thanks!!
Old 07-25-04, 06:17 PM
tommy420
Driver

i cant find the thread now but some guy said that a scoshce toyota 87 and up worked on his 94 so im going to order that and give it a try

part # 6328 at this website

http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/06300-06.HTM