Sponsored by:

Changing the factory changer...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-04, 12:00 PM
Mr Patel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing the factory changer...

I read earlier about someone changing the factory cd changer to work with pioneer head units. I am geting an avic-n1 and wish to use the existing changer. Please advise me if this is feasable.
Old 07-29-04, 01:24 PM
sirsomo
Pole Position

Im in the exact same situation. I have an AVIC-N1 on its way and am looking at using the factory changer. I havent really looked into it, but it sounds like it is a little bit of rewiring work. Im still researching it, but "lexusaudio" can do it and says it will work, hopefully he will chime in here.
Old 07-29-04, 05:01 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

yes i have already done the factory glovebox to pioneer aftermarket cd changer and it works greeat . i have pictures but too big for this format. i can email you pictures of the finished product. the lexus cd changer was origionally a pbus pioneer aftermarket changer . the last pioneer aftermarket cd changer actually made in japan. when the farmed out the pioneer aftermarket brand cd changer to malaysia. they switched japan cd changer production line to oem changers like lexus . so the conversion just involves converting back to its original format. the new plug in on the back will be the one that plugs into the ipbus plug on the avic n1 by any standard pioneer pbus cable . it uses same magazine. same button ejects same mounting brackets and case. but it plays its high end sound through the direct ipbus input of the avic-ni and controlled with the avic remote............................................................................................. it is not fm modulated but direct to head unit sound and is keyed up just like the other peripherals or a new pioneer changer like cdx-p680.(made in malaysia) the converted changer is now model cdx-p8076zt so i also switch to pbus operating systems from mbus cdx-m8078 zt to pbus by the conversion i do. i am getting quite technical but just want to let you know my expertise in this subject area. ................................................................ send email to pioneersuby@woh..rr.com for pictures of the convereted changer ...................................................................................................................................... the changer can be converted back again by me if you sell your car and take the avic n1 with you to the next car and reinstall original headunit. . i guarantee all my work to function perfectly as advertised. why put an inferior cd changer when you already have the best
base changer pbus unit pioneer ever made which now is the lexus glovebox changers . i can convert every lexus glovebox changer made by pioneer. even the 95 to 97 ls400 which already ios pbus. by the way the bus operating system is indicated by the letter in front of ther numbers. most lexus changers are the older mbus.
Old 11-29-04, 12:59 PM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by lexusaudio
yes i have already done the factory glovebox to pioneer aftermarket cd changer and it works greeat . i have pictures but too big for this format. i can email you pictures of the finished product. the lexus cd changer was origionally a pbus pioneer aftermarket changer . the last pioneer aftermarket cd changer actually made in japan. when the farmed out the pioneer aftermarket brand cd changer to malaysia. they switched japan cd changer production line to oem changers like lexus . so the conversion just involves converting back to its original format. the new plug in on the back will be the one that plugs into the ipbus plug on the avic n1 by any standard pioneer pbus cable . it uses same magazine. same button ejects same mounting brackets and case. but it plays its high end sound through the direct ipbus input of the avic-ni and controlled with the avic remote............................................................................................. it is not fm modulated but direct to head unit sound and is keyed up just like the other peripherals or a new pioneer changer like cdx-p680.(made in malaysia) the converted changer is now model cdx-p8076zt so i also switch to pbus operating systems from mbus cdx-m8078 zt to pbus by the conversion i do. i am getting quite technical but just want to let you know my expertise in this subject area. ................................................................ send email to pioneersuby@woh..rr.com for pictures of the convereted changer ...................................................................................................................................... the changer can be converted back again by me if you sell your car and take the avic n1 with you to the next car and reinstall original headunit. . i guarantee all my work to function perfectly as advertised. why put an inferior cd changer when you already have the best
base changer pbus unit pioneer ever made which now is the lexus glovebox changers . i can convert every lexus glovebox changer made by pioneer. even the 95 to 97 ls400 which already ios pbus. by the way the bus operating system is indicated by the letter in front of ther numbers. most lexus changers are the older mbus.
Pimp! I have a 98 ES 300. Can you tell me if they can be used with my Avic N1? Can you email me or give me a step by step to do it cus I already know how to go in the back on the changer in my glove box and add a converter. Let me know if it's posible? Jeylenno@yahoo.com
Old 01-28-05, 04:12 AM
macster
Driver School Candidate

New to this forum, please bear with me, I purchased a 99 LS400, the CD changer had the magazine jamed in it. The former owner pull it out, it seems two disc tried to load at the same time. He gave all the parts. I tried another Magazine hoping it would work. No luck, seems that there is no power to the unit or it is toasted. I stopped by the local Lexus dealer and they said for 490 bucks the do an exchange for a repaired one.

My prefrence would be toreplace the unit with another head unit, while not altering the stock glovebox layout. Is the unit mentioned here a direct replacement?

Thanks

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
Old 02-01-05, 11:29 AM
GS408
Pole Position

is there anyway to get the stock changer to work with a clarion dvd deck 935vx?
Old 02-01-05, 06:36 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

no sorry it is made by pioneer so only comptible with pioneer aftermarket.