*** Eclipse products ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-04, 01:21 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question *** Eclipse products ***

hey audio gurus..

can you please recommend good source(s) in terms of pricing and reliability, for ECLIPSE hu and cd changers..or most Eclipse products..

btw, is any of Eclipse 4-ch amp as good as ARC, or Phoenix Gold Ti series?

TIA

will
Old 08-02-04, 11:22 AM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey will eclipse makes good stuff i think there subs and head units are real good and there amps are made utilizing dual toroidal transformers. Good build quality and very clean sounding but if you want the best go with arc audio zapco braxx or Macintosh
these websites carry eclipse
http://www.acaraudio.com/default.php...acturers_id=44
http://www.woofersetc.com/subcat.asp?0=279
http://www.shopaudiojam.com/html_fil...s/eclipse.html
Old 08-02-04, 11:50 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

K..thanks a lot...
Old 08-02-04, 11:54 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Will,

One thing I learned while getting my Eclipse HU done is that the theft warranty applies only if installed at a certified Eclipse dealer.

Not a biggie, just something to keep in mind
Old 08-02-04, 11:59 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

dave..i thought about that too ..seems not too many places carry Eclipse items..

btw, between the PG ti 500.4 and Eclipse PA5422, both 4 channels and ~the same price(low $300ish), whihc would be a better choice??

any help is appreciated

thank you
Old 08-02-04, 12:00 PM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

will i also got a hook-up to get stuff wholesale just let me know the model # and i will see what i can do
Old 08-02-04, 12:04 PM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

will what do you plan on running for mids and highs
Old 08-02-04, 08:13 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Dave,

Is this the HU you have installed in your GS?

http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/avn/avn_top.htm

I'm seriously thinking about the AVN2454, I like the fact that it is double DIN and does not have to fold out. The only concerns I have with it is that it might hit the shifter (in park) when the face folds down, and the fact that you have to remove the Navigation DVD in order to play a movie.

Kidcapp, can you get these?

Last edited by Stealther; 08-02-04 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-02-04, 08:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by Stealther
Dave,

Is this the HU you have installed in your GS?

http://www.eclipse-web.com/products/avn/avn_top.htm

I'm seriously thinking about the AVN2454, I like the fact that it is double DIN and does not have to fold out. The only concerns I have with it is that it might hit the shifter (in park) when the face folds down, and the fact that you have to remove the Navigation DVD in order to play a movie.
Yep, that's it. No worries about the shifter. You do have to remove the Nav DVD to watch unless you hook a second DVD player up through the Aux inputs.

Here's a short vid of my unit showing the fold down

Right click save as please

Kidcapp, need to be careful about selling in the forums on CL without being an approved CL vendor please
Old 08-02-04, 08:50 PM
kidcapp
Lead Lap

dave thanks but i am not selling any products i was only trying to use my contacts to help gs4will because he has help me out i am not a dealer i was just trying to do a favor for him i am sorry if i came off as a dealer
Old 08-02-04, 08:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by kidcapp
dave thanks but i am not selling any products i was only trying to use my contacts to help gs4will because he has help me out i am not a dealer i was just trying to do a favor for him i am sorry if i came off as a dealer
Old 08-02-04, 09:38 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Dave,

How do you like the 2454? I'm considering this, an Alpine and a Pioneer unit. I have been a great fan of Eclipse head units but their navigation units have always been lacking. This one seems to have a great nav however.

Any chance of a short review?

Kidcapp, I misinterpreted your message, sorry!! Just always keeping my eye out for a way to save $

Last edited by Stealther; 08-02-04 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-02-04, 09:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I only have had the Nav working for less than a week - the installer had a hard time finding the exact wire to tap for the speed pulse (I'll find out where he ended up and post if needed) so while it plotted my location, it never told me where to turn. Got that fixed last Thursday.

It's a very good Nav from what I've seen. Fujitsu (makes Eclipse) also makes the new Nav in the RX330 and other cars, and I believe this is the same software that are in those OEM from pictures I've seen - so that gives you an idea of quality.

Overall very impressed with the build quality of the unit. Low parts - small buttons, no volume ****, some controls are not as intuitive as I'd like on the audio portion of the touchscreen controls.

Ping me again in a couple of weeks if you want a better writeup when I've had more time to live with it.
Old 08-03-04, 12:37 AM
claus44
Driver

I'm a huge fan of Eclipse headunits as well

I can get the Eclipse units at dealer costs if I want(and there is a 8454 smiling at me every time I go into the stock room), but I would rather spend the extra and get it from an authorized dealer due to the fact that the 3 year warranty and the anti theft warranty only applies when the unit is purchased and installed by an authorized dealer. the shipping fee + the diagnostic fee for just sending in a no warranty product is almost $100 for both Alpine and Eclipse, then you'll have to pay for the parts and labor later(sometimes the diagnostic fee is waved if you choose to fix it). I'd rather pay a little extra right now(especially when purchasing higher priced items such as cd5444 and above) and set my mind free for the next three years.

the avn unit is really nice, and I've been wanting it until I saw the 0.8V preout from one of the reviews. it is such a shame that the unit is awesome in everyway(even 24 bit DAC!) but lacks a good powerful preout.

stealther, get Eclipse or Alpine if you really want a good navi. The Pioneer AVIC-N1 is very good for the price but you get what you paid for navigation wise.