Sponsored by:

GS amp schematics

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-04, 12:00 PM
Josey
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GS amp schematics

Hi, everybody : I am in the middle of my installation and I have not been able to descipher which are the speaker output cables from the stock Pioneer with cd changer and Nav. GS-400 2000. The amp has 3 output sockets; the bottom one is divided into 2 . I think that one is it , because the other 2 sockets have a very thin gauge cables. The problem is that the colors do not coincide much . Anybody can help with the schematics or tell which are the output speaker cables so I can insert the Line converters for my aftermarket Zapco amp ? The closest Lexus dealer is an hour away so that is out . I can not continue until I solve this. Please, fellow members, help...!! Josey
Old 08-04-04, 09:31 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry to inform you that adding an amp to the nav system can have disasatrous results. both the nav speaker and the telophone speaker attach to the amp system and do poorly with aftermarket amps. just looking at the nav wiring harnees diagram on the gs 1999 electrical manual would be discouraging. i know what the correct speaker wire colors coming out of the amp are but i dont think want to be a part of your mod tell you the truth. . zapco may be an appropriate name after zapping your factory nav system .
Old 08-05-04, 12:32 PM
Josey
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that you have misunderstood what I am doing; I am only adding an aftermarket amp to the speakers output lines from the stock amp, after the signals left the stock amp. I am connecting line level converters to those high level signals so I can hook up the amp .The nav. have nothing to do with it whatsoever , I just mentioned as a reference as to the type of system that I have in my car. As far as I know, the speaker`s signal from the nav will get amplified as well without any problem. Since I am also replacing the speakers to cope with the amplified signal, and I am not touching the stock amp and the low level signals from the HU, the cd changer or the Nav. in any of its functions, I fail to understand what is it that you are talking about. I also already desciphered the correct colors for the wires . Josey
Old 08-05-04, 02:49 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

sorry i thought you were repalcing the amp. i can email the amp color wire diagram for nav with pioneer amp if you email me at emancy@woh.rr.com.