Quick fix or no ? Door / Alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-04, 01:53 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick fix or no ? Door / Alarm problem

Ever since I got my car ...

If you lock the door from the switch on the inside of the car and then when you come back to get back inside, if you put in the key and unlock the door, as soon as you open it, the OEM alarm goes off and of course the car doesn't start. This only happens on the drivers side.

If you lock the door from the switch and then unlock the passenger side, it will automatically unlock the driver side and you can walk around, get in and go.

If you use the button on the key, everything works fine, but I would like to fix this if possible before the buyer comes to pick up my car this weekend.
Old 08-11-04, 02:15 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

door lock actuator is bad! its a common problem, one leg of the acutator is probably broken and is off the lock cylinder.
Old 08-11-04, 02:25 PM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny thing is my key doesnt open any of the doors, it only opens the trunk and the ignition, it doesnt even allow me to unlock the lock for opening the trunk inside the car. any light on this
Old 08-11-04, 02:30 PM
Angel
Lead Lap

Originally posted by aliga
door lock actuator is bad! its a common problem, one leg of the acutator is probably broken and is off the lock cylinder.
Something I can't fix quick, eh ?
Old 08-11-04, 02:45 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Some of the GS guys complain to the dealership and get it fixed but otherwise this isn't a quick fix.
Old 08-11-04, 02:46 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

you can, you have to take the door panel off, make sure you look very closely inside the door for a small plastic tan colored leg, crazy glue it back to the actutor or ziptie the actuator to the door lock cylinder.

once you look at the lock cylinder you will understand what im talking about.
Old 08-11-04, 03:17 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Since it's plastic, you'd need to sand down the contacting parts in order for it to bond well too. I hate glueing pastic.

Last edited by siniquezu; 08-11-04 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-12-04, 06:05 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Cylinder Lock Switch

My money is on the switch inside the cylinder.

It's the switch the alarm uses to sense that the key is unlocking the door thus disarming the system.

It's most likely unplugged so the alarm doesn't sense when the key is unlocking the door.

Was work done inside the door prior? Take off the door panel and look inside. There's a small harness that comes from the key cylinder and comes down. Make sure that's plugged in. There's a connector about 12 inches down that it should be connected to.

If this is unplugged and you try to open the door with the key, the alarm sees that as a forced entry and triggers.
Old 08-12-04, 06:07 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

trust me its most likely broken, not unplugged.
Old 08-12-04, 06:13 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Just offering another cause of the problem to check for while he's in there. All possibilities should be considered.

Good luck, Angel.
Old 08-12-04, 06:17 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

true, true!!
Old 10-09-04, 07:40 PM
aeropartz
Rookie

Default same problem

My door has been worked on,

The door sensor is not conected... When I open the passenger door the interior light comes on, but when I do it for the drivers it dosent... therefore something is disconnected

I took the door panel off, i found out one wire has been disconnected... I put that back together...

Now... the car senses the door is open all the time, my guage cluster shows there is a DOOR OPEN...

I also noticed, there is a 3 pin plug, that is also disconnected... I can not figure out where that goes too, the plug comes out of the power winder harness inside the door, before the PowerWindow Harness...

COLOR of the wires...

Green/Yellow, Black/White, and whole Green were the colors going in the 3 pin harness...

Can anyone help?
Old 10-09-04, 07:41 PM
aeropartz
Rookie

Default also...

when i try to LOCK my passenger door, when it is OPEN... the power door locks activates and switches the lock to open...
Old 10-09-04, 08:17 PM
Caanon
Rookie

I don't remember the color codes of the wires and stuff, but here are the plugs I remember from the drivers side door

At the front of the door is the speaker stuff of course, top middle is door memory(blue). Bottom Middle is the power window (white), door locks(white), and the door light(white/clear). Right in the middle of the door is the plug going behind the panel to the power window motor.

Now the ones you should be interested in, there are 2 plugs at the rear part of the door. One is a big plug, grey I think, it powers and controls the door lock actuator. The other is a small white plug, this goes to the key cylinder by the outside door handle, it senses when the key is put in and turned. From the sound of things, this needs to be plugged in. If it is plugged in, I'd say the sensor is messed up.

Last edited by Caanon; 10-09-04 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-10-04, 03:26 PM
aeropartz
Rookie

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the help,

I took my door apart, currently still all apart... I followed your directions to where the plug goes, I can not find it....

I noticed the WHITE box, there are no male outlets for the female 3 pin plug...
I took a look at the door handle system with the key mechanism/cylinder... I also didnt see a male outlet for the 3 pin... I looked all around

Is it more left? Or behind? of the door handle system? or part of the WHITE box?

Quick Reply: Quick fix or no ? Door / Alarm problem