Sponsored by:

DYNs GTs 240 and Zapco installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-04, 08:45 PM
Josey
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DYNs GTs 240 and Zapco installed

Well, I finished the install today. The only word I can come up is Fantastic; the sound quality is at least 75% better that the stock crap I had, and that is a low estimate. I want to thank Percy and engin-ear for your help and guidance. It was worth it all the way. I ran only on to a small problem with the install : after I did the connections, I decided to try it before re-assembly and , there was a little crackling interference sound "with the volume all the way off" , that means without any volume at all, and it was that the LLCs audiolink IIs have a ground connection in between the left and right channels and I did not connected it. It is imperative that the ground connection be made. After that, the noise desapeared and everything went fine. A word about the Zapco amp: the one I put on is a C2K-4.0X comp amp and this thing really puts on hi-end sound. I am impress by it. To Percy, what can I say, the Dyns are everything they advertise, specially the tweters(on the neutral freq) they alone make the install worth it. I had already a small mono Zapco amp for my sub so now I am set up totally. I took my time to do it but the result was very high finish. It looks perfect and beautiful and it sounds even better that I expected. Engin-ear, you were right : I feel great because I did it myself. Thanks again, everybody.... Josey 2000 GS-400 Pioneer with Nav.
Old 08-17-04, 06:48 AM
Jaricho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, post some pics!!! If you can, that's almost the exact setup I looking to go for. Do you have an extra amp to power the rest of the speakers or are they powered by the stock amp only? Sounds like your setup is sweet.
Old 08-17-04, 11:00 AM
Josey
Driver

I did not replaced the stock amp because it acts as a pre-amp. Instead, following Percy advise, I used 2 LLCs in the speakers outputs, and to them I connected the Zapco amp (4 channels amp) so my speakers are now powered by the Zapco. Besides that, I had already replaced my open stock sub crap with a Infinity woofer on a closed box, and also powered by a mono Zapco amp. I will put some pics, but , I really don`t know how to insert them in here. I know how to upload to the gallery, but not here, on the treads, so, If someone will be kind enough to explain how to upload the pics here, I will do it. Josey
Old 08-17-04, 11:07 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Originally posted by Josey
I know how to upload to the gallery, but not here, on the treads, so, If someone will be kind enough to explain how to upload the pics here, I will do it. Josey
This should explain the next steps to get pics in the post

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...362#post971362
Old 08-17-04, 12:38 PM
Josey
Driver

In any case, I put 2 pics on the gallery for anybody who want to see them. I will check later the procedure to upload pics on the treads. Josey
Old 08-17-04, 01:40 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great to hear, Josey! Glad you were successful. And the follow-on to what I said before is not only do you get more satisfaction in doing it yourself, you always know how it's hooked up, how well each connection is made, and you can usually diagnose and fix anything that breaks.
Old 08-17-04, 01:49 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yo! Saw your pics - looks great man! Looks like you did a nice job, neatly done.
Your car looks great! Need some info - I'll PM you....
Old 08-17-04, 01:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Originally posted by Josey
In any case, I put 2 pics on the gallery for anybody who want to see them. I will check later the procedure to upload pics on the treads. Josey
Here you go, looks great!