Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

GS300 Custom Sound Install - Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-04, 10:18 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS300 Custom Sound Install - Pics!

Hey everyone,

I finished my system a long while ago, but just bought a digital camera and finally got around to posting pics of my install.
I posted the pictures here: link to pics

I had 2 goals.
1) SQ
2) Clean install that takes up very little space.

I wanted to thank Percy for his advice. The dynaudios worked out great. This is one incredible sounding system.

Ill make a remark about the major components of the system using simple talk (all of which is just my opinion)

Dynaudio (front and rear speakers) - I just love these speakers. On the highest volume setting these speakers still remain soft and dont have any harshness. People are so amazed at how loud, clear, and smooth sounding my system is.

PPI amps- I got three of these. I have LOTS of power. The dynaudios seem to love this.

Infinity Perfect 12'' sub - I have this in a sealed box thats mounted and sealed under the stock sub hole. Therefore the sub is sealed into the interior of the car, not the trunk. It doesn't get incredibly loud so that you could hear it 5 blocks down, but that was never my intention. I wanted a sub that compliments the music, not take over the music. I have a sub volume control on my head unit, so when im the mood for real loud bass, i just crank that up and it gets just as loud as id like. It plays bass from all different songs just great...even sounds good at real low volumes.

Eclipse Head Unit - This compliments the car just perfectly.

I also have pics showing most of the install process - let me know if you guys wanna see those too.

After putting all that work into the car, its going to be hard to sell the car once the the time comes..I have grown very attached to what I call "my perfect car". Anyone else have that feeling, where you just never wanna sell your car?

Take care everyone!
Old 08-24-04, 08:27 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is one hot install there. Im loving the custom work in the trunk and for the indash. Makes me want to start on mine.
Old 08-25-04, 08:36 AM
Beasley93
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Inquiry

When you installed your audio in the trunk where there a set of fuses in the trunk.

Also great set up.
Old 08-25-04, 10:38 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice job. Which front Dynaudios did you go with? I'm just curious how you dealt with the tweeters.
Old 08-25-04, 02:54 PM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

Nice set up!!! Where is the Play Station????
Old 08-25-04, 05:05 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Nice install. I like that you still have usable trunk space! Very clean and professional looking.
Old 08-25-04, 06:49 PM
fierce gs
Pole Position

i updated some of the pics.

xmystikx, havent played much with the built in eq in the eclipse yet...made very small minor adjustments, but I need to spend a day with the finishing touches.

Neo, I used the dynaudio system 240 mk II up front (md100 tweeter). I took the casing apart and used double sided tape to mount it in place. With a little patience it worked out just perfect.

dagr8tsthustla, the playstation is in the trunk. if you look at the bottom left most pic, you could kinda see some white in the top right corner-- thats the ps.

beasley, were already talking in pms, lol.

thanks for all the great comments.
Old 08-25-04, 07:45 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very nice and clean install
Old 08-25-04, 08:51 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by fierce gs
Neo, I used the dynaudio system 240 mk II up front (md100 tweeter). I took the casing apart and used double sided tape to mount it in place. With a little patience it worked out just perfect.
Thanks. That is what most people have to do. I was just wondering if you did anyting different.
Old 08-25-04, 10:22 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by fierce gs
....I took the casing apart and used double sided tape to mount it in place. With a little patience it worked out just perfect.
I had to do the same with my tweeters. There's just no ways to fit the case in that little section and still be able to seal it back the way it was.