Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Can this vanity mirror be replaced with a 6.5" overhead LCD?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-04, 11:24 PM
DEREKC
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Can this vanity mirror be replaced with a 6.5" overhead LCD?

Can this vanity mirror be replaced with a 6.5" or 7" overhead LCD?

Like this one - Alpine TMX-R700?

If so, I will buy this DVD changer - sony DVX-100 because it has FM modulator, RCA Audio output, two RCA video output, remote control, display control unit, and 10 disc.

I will add an infrared headphone (thru the RCA audio output of the DVD) and connect the DVD audio output to the factory speakers using the included FM Modulator.

Does the LS430 use standard antenna cable connection type at the headunit connection at all??
My kids are so used to watching DVDs when they are in our family van. They don't like getting into our new LS430.

Any comment on this setup?? I know the moonroof is in the way and only the headliner (not the roof) will support the weigh of the overhead monitor. LS does have some strong (and leather) headline. Any comment on supporting the weigh and/or interfering the moonroof operation? Anyone peeked in the headliner with the vanity mirror removed?

I hate to install the LCD monitors on to the seat headrest knowing that I might have to mess with the powered headrest and the wire might interfere with the up and down of the headrest or might have to cut the leather.

Also, would cutting off the wire of the vanity mirror lights cause any brain to report a failure of the mirror?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-28-04, 07:06 AM
DEREKC
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Or even more ideal to replace the mirror with a raw LCD?