Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome work man - looks great!

Peace,

Jonny
Old 09-11-04, 02:12 PM
AaronE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! You beat me by a day! I'm just finishing up mine today... Just popped on the list to find the best way to run Acc power to the glovebox. Lookin' nice! Awards for most inventive use of the cupholder hole...
Old 09-11-04, 04:41 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my current setup, I'm still doing finishing touches on it so I won't post the final pix yet...but basically moved the A/C unit down monitor up top sticking out a bit...

I managed to fit the Epia board, a 2.5" HD and a 3.5" HD and powersupply behind it!!

How much are those Gyration mouses? Pretty expensive right?

Well I'm glad everyone is jumping into Carputers, they're definitely the way to go now...now with David's Voice control for my navigation, things will be a lot cooler!
Old 09-11-04, 05:05 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Put some flex loom on those wires!

Nice setup, very cool!
Old 09-11-04, 05:12 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tony, that housing looks awesome. Do you have any fear of it cracking due to temp changes?
Old 09-11-04, 05:18 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Only problems that I noticed so far is that you should use plexiglass to make the shape of the extension...I used thin cardboard and a little corner is kind of flaking off...

version 3 will have the top rounder like the RX300 trims...so it'll blend more nicely with the interior...
Old 09-11-04, 07:22 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by ACleanSC4
Here's my current setup, I'm still doing finishing touches on it so I won't post the final pix yet...but basically moved the A/C unit down monitor up top sticking out a bit...

I managed to fit the Epia board, a 2.5" HD and a 3.5" HD and powersupply behind it!!

Well I'm glad everyone is jumping into Carputers, they're definitely the way to go now...now with David's Voice control for my navigation, things will be a lot cooler!
Can't wait to see yours fnished!

You're using my program... cool Where are you mounting your mic? Before I though that a good place would be in the interior temp sensor place, but when I sat in my car I think its too far.
Old 09-11-04, 08:57 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn guys that's some top stuff! Good work

I'd really be interested but I don't think I can yet with all the things I gotta pay off

Oh BTW Tony I haven't had a reply from the guy with your part of Japanese funkyness Will be seeing him in about 2 weeks though so I'll ask then

Last edited by BLK13X; 09-11-04 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-12-04, 10:56 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by ACleanSC4

How much are those Gyration mouses? Pretty expensive right?

Dude, that's awesome!!! I can't wait to see the final results from your project. I paid $119 for the Gyration mouse and keyboard combo so it is a bit pricey. Definitely worth it IMO. I think you'll really like having the monitor up higher as it makes it MUCH easier to use. Especially the navigation.

David, I haven't tried your voice activated software yet, but I definitely will REALLY soon. I'm going to switch from MediaCar to something else very shortly. When I do then I'll be giving your stuff a try. I looks great dude.

O.L.T., That's one of the things I still need to do. I really want to make it look really neat and clean. I also want to build a carpeted box for the PC to slide into so it's protected from things in the trunk. Are you going with something like this? Seems it would be right up your alley.

Maybe we should start a thread for everyone's finished carputer projects. It would be pretty cool to have everyones stuff on display in one thread. Whadya think?
Old 09-12-04, 04:43 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

can we sticky this thread?
Old 09-13-04, 03:41 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CleanSC, you did exactly what I am planning on doing with mine

I probably wont start fabbing mine until I do my speaker install and my custom sub/amp enclosure in the trunk. But I would love to see any more picture you have, dimension, any more advice, etc. for when doing it this way. Thanks!
Old 09-21-04, 02:47 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump to get this thread stickied and to get more updates from people
Old 09-21-04, 04:06 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

i dont think we will get a sticky, only important stuff gets stickied
Old 10-19-04, 03:32 PM
racer_xxx
Rookie

Nice job. What did you use to fabricate the LCD mount?
Old 10-19-04, 03:55 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a piece of angle iron and bent it with a torch and a vise. I then used a cutoff wheel to make a mount that fit the back on the touchscreen monitor. It's mounted on the inside of the cupholder with a rivet and a nut and bolt. The monitor can slide off the mount easily to be hidden. I've since updated the software front end to FrodoPlayer 1.09 and added XM radio to it. Definitely one of the best mods I've done to any car I've ever owned.

Quick Reply: Carputer Project Finished!