Sponsored by:

Question about CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-04, 06:57 PM
Krupski2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about CD Changer

I have heard that Aftermarket cd players dont work in the GS300. Is this true? So if I wanted to get a 6 CD Changer and replace the Lexus one with a CD Changer that plays MP3s? I have a 2001 Lexus GS 300. Can I replace the one in the glove box for a better one? What about the amp? Can that be upgraded? I would appreciate any help you guys/girls can give.
Old 09-28-04, 07:08 PM
zerovise
Rookie

i'm not too sure about which amps you could use, or how you would do it. But i'm definitely sure that you can upgrade. Check out some of those EOS picks, one guy even had a ps2 in the factory glove box location lol. All i did for sounds so far in my gs was another amp for two 10's. Good enough for now lol. Maybe a little later i'll do my crazy set up >. gl with yours though! peace

-tyler
Old 09-30-04, 03:10 PM
dentpusher
Pole Position

Upgrading the amps is not a big deal you just need the right adaptors. You can use a different cd changer or event add sirius or xm radio to the factory radio with adaptors as well. The adaptors will specify a changer it is capable with so you will have to find one that works for your app. Look at soundgate, blitz, and pac for the addaptors you will need. Soundgate adaptors cost a little more but are the best for function and sound quality.
Old 09-30-04, 08:28 PM
Krupski2
Driver

Yeah, it already came with sirius, and I like it. But I just want to be able to play MP3s in my car, I used them in my last one. I really dont want to make my own plastic cover for my Lex, i dont have time for that. But I do want to change the CD Changer in there with one that does play MP3s.