Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

To the Guru's... How do you feel about Kicker??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-01, 06:28 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Your Call

Justin - Looks like I need to get a newer copy of RF's product line!! Forgive me but ever since I've been trying to sell the GS, I've kinda backed off on things. Anyway, if U absolutely have to hit 140, the dual Power HX2/800.2 combo will surely do the trick - remember that I had to tweak the h*** outta my system to crack 140 & there are no guarantees that I can do it on a consistent basis with my Punch HX2/1100a2 setup! Remember that ( in theory ), it takes double the power to raise the SPL level 3 dB. I'm putting 1344 watts through two 12's the way it is. The suggested system I gave U would use two 12's but would be putting roughly 1000 watts thru EACH woofer - not quite double my power but close enough to make a difference in pressure. It's hard to guess on the power without seeing the RF "birth certificates" but my Power 800a4 puts out 989 watts into a 2 ohm load so 1000+ would be a reasonable expectation. The magnet size of the Power HX2 vs the Punch HX2 is the reason for the greater power handling capability but the Power really needs the additional power to move the cone. Still looking up some stuff on that EQ - if U want some SQ, I'll try to find a good parametric. If all U want is a little tunability, then stick one of the Alpine models below your head unit, though I've found them to be more of a light show than an effective piece for tweaking a system.
Old 04-26-01, 01:25 AM
LexDriver18
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gene,

First of all, I can't thank you enough for all the help thus far. You have truly been a God send. I dont' know where I would be on this project without you!! So once again, thank you VERY MUCH for all your time and patience with me. Thanks to MASTER P TOO!!

Now to the speakers. I've decided to go with the same setup as you have (sorry if I'm crampin your style) I would LOVE to go with the more powerful one, but my budget doesn't really accept it right now. Plus, with the setup like yours, I can still have A LITTLE SQ and not ALL BOOM. Right?!?! haha There is one thing though. The highest RF Power amp they make now is the Power 1000.2 How much power will I get from this?? Will it be as much as yours??

As far as the EQ goes, I don't really need something to TOTALLY TWEAK my sytem. I know a few things about stereos and such, but I don't think I know quite enough to put something like the parametric eq to good use. I just want something to do minor tweaking like speaker levels, subwoofer levels, and the option of turning the subs on/off (in case mom gets in the car) For my purposes, I think the Alpine will do just fine?!? What do you think??

Any other advice you can give me about the install or anything, I'm all ears. Every word you've given me is going to go to my friend who's installing this for me (he did one of Alpines project vehicles a few years back and did one of Kenwoods last year) So if you wanna open that book of secrets and let me in on a few, I'm ready!!

THANKS GENE (G-Money) Feel free to email me at LexDriver19@aol.com

==Justin==
Platinum 2G GS4