Sponsored by:

SC300 SC400 Power Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-01, 06:11 PM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

The auto door locks were working just fine on my '92 SC300 this morning. I took the door panel off in order to fix the trim from the backside (epoxy works wonders!).
In order to take the panel off, I had to disconnect one electrical plug for the power windows/locks, one plug for the side mirror control, and one plug for the memory setting control. After I did what I wanted to do with the trim, I connected everything back together again and installed the door panel.
Now my door lock switch will not work. The power windows work just fine, but both auto door lock switches do not work. Also, I noticed that the power adjustment on my steering wheel does not work anymore as well?!?! I tried using the remote on my key, but it will not activate the power locks on either side. Also, the memory setting controls do not work now either! Everything was working fine before today!

What's going on? What did I do wrong? Could this be a fuse? I didn't disconnect the battery before I pulled the electrical connections, could this be the problem? Your help and guidance is greatly appreciated. I am so darn aggravated and discouraged!

Last edited by mdfdsc300; 04-25-01 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-25-01, 06:48 PM
RealMarty
Lexus Test Driver

First step:
Relax. Stuff happens when we take things apart ourselves. Mistakes are part of the process. (Easy for me to say here. It drives me nuts when my car isn't perfect..especially when I caused it.) However, it's still good advice...I even give it to myself.

Second step:
Check the fuses.

Last edited by RealMarty; 04-25-01 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-26-01, 06:10 AM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

thanx - it was an all day affair yesterday and I was running out of daylight and time. I am much better today, but still pretty aggravated.
It was too dark to check the fuse yesteday. I will do it as soon as I get home from work. I did however disconnect the battery last night to hopefully reset the ECU. When I get home I'll hook it back up and see if it helped. If not then I'll check the fuse. ANyone know which fuse that might be?
I checked the electrical plug connections twice. They have plugs that only fit a certain way so I can't imagine I connected them wrong.
ANy other ideas?
Old 04-26-01, 09:29 AM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

anyone?
Old 04-27-01, 12:43 PM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Default thanx!

finally got it fixxed!
the answer is:
the 10A "Dome" fuse in the engine bay!
Man, who woulda' thunk!
Old 10-14-02, 09:30 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Post Power Door Lock giving out

I have a '93 SC300, and I need to know what and how to fix the problem I am having with my Driverside power door lock.
It appears not to have enough strength to engage and disengage the lock remotely and at the door controls. Now the passenger side works just fine, it's the Driverside that seems to be giving out.
Suggestion please!!!!

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 10-14-02 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-16-02, 12:13 AM
disco_y2k
Pole Position

i just went through this with my RX300, in the RX300 forum there is a whole thread. basically sounds just like how mine started, means your actuater is going out. bring it to the dealer. mine was under warrantee but i look at the invoice.....$250 each plus labor
Old 10-16-02, 03:42 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea I think you need to change your actuator. I think you can do it yourself.
My power lock wasn't working when I got my car, and lexus dealer found there was open circuits in door lock actuator(I'm not sure if it's true), they changed 2 x lock assembly(2 x $280) + labor ($325) = around $900. I should have changed it myself.
Good luck.
Old 05-09-03, 06:45 AM
kwash1
Driver School Candidate

Default SC 400 window and door locks

Hi guys,
I have a problem with my 92 sc400 that I hope someone can help me with.
The other day my drivers side power windows and door locks stopped working. I
can't operate my windows or the windows or door locks on the passenger side and the
passenger side can't either. But if I stand outside of the car I can operate the door locks
with the remote. I thought maybe a fuse but my side view mirror controls work. Help!!!!
Old 05-09-03, 02:03 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I've got the same problem. My drivers side window controls just stopped working. Anyone got any thoughts or solutions to this problem? Thanks.

P.S. I have a 94 sc300.
Old 05-15-03, 06:56 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

Can anyone help with this problem? Thanks.
Old 05-16-03, 11:21 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Clean the switch contacts .
Old 05-16-03, 02:30 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check switches

Check the door switches, if one switch is bad the other switch won't work because the circuit is incomplete. Cleaning the switch contacts or subsitution of the switch can probably solve the problem. Or disconnect the connector at the switch, use a paper clip and short the proper pins to activate the window.
Old 05-20-03, 03:39 AM
kwash1
Driver School Candidate

Default problem fixed

Shame on me for not seeing this sooner. 2yrs ago I replaced my drivers side solenoid for window and when plugging in all the components I must not have made sure the window controls locked into place.
Because I don't drive the coupe much I had not looked at it for awhile. Well I popped out the control panel and lo and behold it was not plugged in.

Thanks for recommending cleaning components which made me look
Old 09-17-03, 07:51 PM
Fargo
Driver School Candidate

Question Door Locks

You have discribed to a "T" the problem I just encountered with my SC400, except I haven't disconnected anything. I changed the battery in the key, but didn't do a thing. I don't understand the location of the 10A fuse you discribed in the engine bay. ("Dome"?) and why this would have anything to do with the remote door locks? Can you help?

Quick Reply: SC300 SC400 Power Door Locks