Sponsored by:

Audio/Video plug and play integration for Lexus is DONE

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-04 | 02:42 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Audio/Video plug and play integration for Lexus is DONE

Good news guys. I have been a tester for VAIS technology for over six months. I have been with them since the beginning of the development, and finally they all done and ready for production.

They came up with the device that allows you to integrate Audui or and Video aftermarket eqipment, such as iPod, XM radio, Sirius radio, DVD, TV tuner, rearview camera or " Baby camera" into your Lexus Audio/Video system.

You don't have to cut the wire or anyhow destroy the factory component ( void the warranty), all you have to do is hook this device to your original system and plug any of the aftermarket equipment into the device and enjoy the whole variety of the most recent technology.

As far as I know this the only company on the market that offers true plug and play intergration with OEM equipment fro Lexus. I have been helping them to test the unit and have their product installed in my 01 GS430 and it works fine without any problem.

I like it a lot, because I get to keep my original system and when I sell the car I just remove everything and plug all the connectors back to OEM. No one can tell that my car used to have the DVD, TV tuner, rearview camera and XM radio that integrate through the factory nav screen....

One of the advantages is that the device keeps your Audio/Video quality the same, Lexus level. You can find mor infomation on their website, www.vaistech.com.

Here is the link to my XM radio.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=plug+and+play

Last edited by VVT-i; 11-08-04 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-08-04 | 10:54 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is awesome. Too bad I don't have an OEM system I want to keep (ML/Nav).

They seem to be focused on Toyota/Lexus at the moment which is good for everyone here. Still, do you know if they have plans to expand to other markets. I'd love to be able to do this on my MDX. There are some PnP systems for the MDX but this looks to be the cleanest if they ever produce one.
Old 11-14-04 | 07:35 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

They just got the 04 LS 430 without Nav to works with their system. If you look at the picture it's show " CD 1 ". Which mean the Gateway ECU in the LS is recognizined the new device and displayed it on the radio... I need to know how the heck they tell Lexus's ECU to do that???? It is easier to cut the wires and by pass some of the wires, but to make the car responded to the additional device is a lot harder.

For the 04-05 LS430 owner without Nav, now you can get this device from " vaistech.com" and add 2 additional aftermarket devices that have RCA Audio Outputs.
Attached Thumbnails Audio/Video plug and play integration for Lexus is DONE-crw_5557.jpg  

Last edited by VVT-i; 11-15-04 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-15-04 | 06:39 PM
FlintRX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent them an e-mail about an adapter for an RX330 w/nav. Hopefully I'll hear back from them. This is the only thing holding me back from satellite radio (I hate fm-modulation).
Old 11-16-04 | 05:16 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by FlintRX
I sent them an e-mail about an adapter for an RX330 w/nav. Hopefully I'll hear back from them. This is the only thing holding me back from satellite radio (I hate fm-modulation).
I hate FM modulator too, because the sound is s$$ks big time and the FM modulator will interference with the AM station.

The RX330 got difference connector and difference software for their system. I know they are working on the RX330 because it's the best selling Lexus line and the biggest market for them. Just give them sometimes to figure it out. Lexus used a lot of vendors/contactor to make their audio/video system and Lexus just gives them some guideline that the product is high quality and communicate with Lexus's ECU's. Then, the vendors such as Pioneer, Fujisuten or Nippondenso will go on to the drawing broad and designed the products. I'm sure if they can get a hand on one of the RX330 with or without Nav, they will figure it out how the system comunicate with each other.
Old 11-16-04 | 06:54 PM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

NICE!! This was what I was searching for. I was orginally thinking about getting a aftermarket flip screen with the rca output, but that won't allow me to control the ipod. But that's a hefty price of $400 for the entire kit. Any word on cl discounts?
Old 11-16-04 | 07:28 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you test out the one with the OEM navigation or just the audio one? Is that one out yet?
Old 11-18-04 | 12:07 AM
luisrh01
Driver School Candidate

The website says it is stull under development, where did you get the pricing from?
I NEED this!
Thanks!
Old 11-18-04 | 12:35 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Dude, you are THE MAN!

VERY NICE!
Old 11-18-04 | 12:45 AM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

I think the prices are listed on their website. The nice thing about these products is that you can feed in video and the audio into the OEM display/radio.

Unlike the avelectronic.com one that uses a built in FM modulator to feed in the audio.
Old 11-18-04 | 11:11 AM
FlintRX
Rookie

Originally posted by VVT-i
I hate FM modulator too, because the sound is s$$ks big time and the FM modulator will interference with the AM station.

The RX330 got difference connector and difference software for their system. I know they are working on the RX330 because it's the best selling Lexus line and the biggest market for them. Just give them sometimes to figure it out. Lexus used a lot of vendors/contactor to make their audio/video system and Lexus just gives them some guideline that the product is high quality and communicate with Lexus's ECU's. Then, the vendors such as Pioneer, Fujisuten or Nippondenso will go on to the drawing broad and designed the products. I'm sure if they can get a hand on one of the RX330 with or without Nav, they will figure it out how the system comunicate with each other.
According to Eugene at VAIS, they are still a few weeks away from having anything ready for the RX330. I'll take that with a grain of salt, but hopefully it will be ready by January. I just wish the 330's audio controls were integrated into the NAV display screen like some of the other models, that way I could see the full text display from the satellite feed instead of trying to decipher the words on the little LCD audio display. I guess I'll have to get a portable unit and mount it on the dash for the text display.
Old 11-18-04 | 11:17 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Nuum, will this also work on my 98 GS300?
Old 11-18-04 | 05:27 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Richie
Nuum, will this also work on my 98 GS300?
I don't see why not( if you're talking about audio and video), because the connectors and the pins location on boths 98-00 and the 01-05 GS are the same.
Old 11-19-04 | 01:45 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by VVT-i
I don't see why not( if you're talking about audio and video), because the connectors and the pins location on boths 98-00 and the 01-05 GS are the same.
Thanks for the info man!!!
Old 11-20-04 | 11:35 AM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

tell them to make one for the SC guys and we will be cookin'

Quick Reply: Audio/Video plug and play integration for Lexus is DONE