best game system for car

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-04, 05:09 PM
kutscher
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best game system for car

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a game system (Xbox, PS2 or game cube) for entertainment. i would like to use this in my vehilce which has the factory rear DVD player, which is the best for this application.

Also are their easy instruction on how to use this. I want the least amount of wires around, or my dogs will trip on them.
Thanks!!
Old 12-03-04, 08:47 AM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that's a ? of if you want Big and Bulky and has a harddrive, or not so big and no hard drive. I have my Xbox in my ES 300 in the trunk and It's working out great. I can burn cd's in my car to the hard drive if one of my friends gets into my car with a new cd or just somthing I don't have that they can't let me see. I have mine turned vert (Like a PS2) so it can show and pop out through the trap door. I have the wires tucked in the seat and under the back left door panel that snaps off. I got the power under my (drivers) seat. It works out for me because I have wireless sticks and I keep them in the glove box or just in my lap. I use to have a PS2 and I think that would work also because it's small. You can put in in you glove box if you know how. If it had a dard drive I would get another PS2 and leave the XBOX in the crib. Since you have a back seat dvd player all ready it's good to use that instead of the XBOX cus you would have to point the remote back t the trap or where ever you have it. So if it's hidden then you S.O.L. So, like I said at the top, if you want to be able to rip cds on the box and play your music from the hard drive of your G.et S.mart like a jukebox then go with the XBOX. If you don't care about the HD and you just want to have a small videogame system that is under the seat or in the glovebox then go wit the PS2. I won't even get started on the gamecube (I got that too), cus it loads from the top with no tray. Not good cus it's not good for cars. But noe that i think about it, if you find the right place in you car it can be cool since the small disks won't fall out cus it got a PS1 disk hold and it do have a Wavebird. BUt....The power cord in big! To hide it would be tuff. any way, see what works for you pimp. if you know somebody wit them they them out in your whip and see if you can work with that. I think the XBOX is the best for the car though. Peace!
Old 12-03-04, 03:17 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any pics dope?
Old 12-08-04, 03:10 PM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Default Vert

Yeah Pimp, I will post them tomorrow. Funny thing about the XBOX, it won't open on it's side unless you have a cd in there aleady. The disk tray will lock and won't open, even thO it has the holds on the side of the disk tray (Like PS2) to keep it in place. It's crazy because it plays the games/dvd/music great with no problem or skipping. I had to figure this out thO because I did not want to reach into my trap door to change the disk. When I post the pics you will see how it is.

Last edited by Dope Boi J; 12-08-04 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-08-04, 06:22 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

You can get a modified xbox with an upgraded hard drive that can hold a couple thousand games, movies, music, etc... No need to load in cd's or dvds unless you want to burn it into the hard drive.
Old 12-08-04, 06:48 PM
tommy420
Driver

will xbox/movies and such work nice on a xenarc touch screen or no
Old 12-09-04, 07:09 AM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Here go them pics Pimp. I also got a moded xbox in the house but it's not done yet. I'm adding a bigger hard drive and putting more dashbords on it. Tell me what you think about the pics.
Attached Thumbnails best game system for car-mvc-001s.jpg  
Old 12-09-04, 07:12 AM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Default more...

Attached Thumbnails best game system for car-mvc-010sturn.jpg  

Last edited by Dope Boi J; 12-09-04 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-09-04, 07:15 AM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Default ....

Attached Thumbnails best game system for car-mvc-009s.jpg  
Old 12-09-04, 07:21 AM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Default .....

Attached Thumbnails best game system for car-mvc-007sturn.jpg  
Old 12-11-04, 02:47 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

New Slim Ps2
Old 12-12-04, 12:53 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i say get the x box. you can do many many things with this system! one, i dont know if dope has done this to his xbox. but you can upgrade your xbox by adding some mod chip. upgrading hard drive (max 200gi) i think. and than updateing the software. this will allow you to copy games/music/ and MOVIE into the xbox HD. its all in one!
Old 12-14-04, 07:16 AM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Default ....

Originally posted by bigguppy
i say get the x box. you can do many many things with this system! one, i dont know if dope has done this to his xbox. but you can upgrade your xbox by adding some mod chip. upgrading hard drive (max 200gi) i think. and than updateing the software. this will allow you to copy games/music/ and MOVIE into the xbox HD. its all in one!
Yeah I mod my other BOX. I have two. One in my car and one in the house. My brother is not quite done with my hard drive yet. I have a bunch of different dashbords on it. One that looks like it should be in a Lexus. I will post pics when it's done.
Old 12-14-04, 08:15 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CamRen
New Slim Ps2
big time
Old 12-14-04, 08:21 AM
Dope Boi J
Driver School Candidate

Default Popadittipop

With that slim PS2 you can't hind it because it don't have a moto disk drive. You are going to have to pop the top. Meaning if you have it under the seat or in the grove box you will have to pull it out and hit the eject. If you going to put it in plain sight then you cool. Or if you are going to get it fitted in you arm reast in the back seat that might work. Good luck with that one.