Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Need pictures of your GS Trunk.................. Pleeease

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-04 | 05:12 PM
braheem
Lead Lap

Default Need pictures of your GS Trunk.................. Pleeease

I'm wanting to upgrade my GS4 stereo. I'm trying to go with 1x10 " or 2x8" speakers in a bandpass and have it ported through the factory sub opening to eliminate ghetto rattle in the trunk.

If anyone could point me to pics of thier car and a small description of thier setup I would really appreciate it.

I am not going for SPL, I am trying to achieve very even balanced, I mainly listen to R&B type music.

Ibrahim
Old 12-09-04 | 06:43 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Here is mine. Clean and simple. One JL10w3.

I may sell this box soon as well. Different setup.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=bostwick

Last edited by 400DGRZ; 12-09-04 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-14-04 | 02:47 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Need pictures of your GS Trunk.................. Pleeease

Originally posted by braheem
I'm wanting to upgrade my GS4 stereo. I'm trying to go with 1x10 " or 2x8" speakers in a bandpass and have it ported through the factory sub opening to eliminate ghetto rattle in the trunk.

If anyone could point me to pics of thier car and a small description of thier setup I would really appreciate it.

I am not going for SPL, I am trying to achieve very even balanced, I mainly listen to R&B type music.

Ibrahim
I'll post photos in the morning. Its isn't beautiful yet but very tight and clean, and DEEP. I listen to a lot of R&B and Ambient (Electronic) with long, deep electonic basslines and sound effects but mostly HipHop and there is no booming rattle (Dynamat). System specs are in my signature. Ciara's CD THUMPS!

Have you decided what components you will be using? Will you be upgrading the head unit and cabin speakers?

Last edited by TwentyTen; 12-14-04 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-15-04 | 05:59 AM
braheem
Lead Lap

I'm thinking of Boston Acoustics or MB Quart, I have not heard either manufacturer in the past 5 years so I dont know if they're still my favorites.

You have any sugestions?

BTW, keeeping the factory navigation/HU.
Old 12-15-04 | 07:46 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Both brands are great but Boston Acoustics' seperates are a good hoice for the money! I am a big fan of Polk so they always get my recommendation.

I forgot to take photos but the trunk is nothing special right now. Picture two plexiglass boxes with two beefy PolkMOMO subs that fit on the rear shelf of the trunk.

The amps are under the Lexus Mat on an amp rack above the spare tire well. I'll remember the photos tomorrow.
Old 12-15-04 | 09:56 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

I am running a boston acoustic 12" Pro Series in a sealed box in the trunk, 5 1/4 boston acoustic pro series components up front, and soon some boston acoustics 5 1/4 coax in the rear. Im also running an Alpine HU and an alpine v12 amp for the sub. The sub is WONDERFUL!!! that is untill you crank up real high with low bass. but at a good listening level the sub hits real hard and real low... real low. i have never heard a better SQ subwoofer, nothing touches it when it comes to SQ,. HOWEVER boston acoustics is pulling all of their stuff out of major retail stores and are now backing into special stores only that are small buisness, AND they are building all new stuff. their new subwoofers look very promising, to me they look like real good competitors to the JL w7. Also i will be buying their amps once they hit the market.

heres the new subs