Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

popping noise from speakers due to kenwood amp?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-04, 08:40 AM
siaxazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default popping noise from speakers due to kenwood amp?

I have the pioner premium sound in my sc300 and everything is factory except for the upgraded free air pioneer subwoofer and kenwood 4 channel amp. I have all 4 speakers wired up to it as well. Everything sound good except that I seam to get a loud popping sound from the speakers everytime i turn on the car. This never used to happen with my previous alpine 4 channel amp. I'm thinking its just the amp but is there anyway i can resolve this with out having to get a new amp or does anyone know what could cause this. Its quite startling to my passengers when i turn on the car.
Old 12-27-04, 12:15 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by siaxazn
I have the pioner premium sound in my sc300 and everything is factory except for the upgraded free air pioneer subwoofer and kenwood 4 channel amp. I have all 4 speakers wired up to it as well. Everything sound good except that I seam to get a loud popping sound from the speakers everytime i turn on the car. This never used to happen with my previous alpine 4 channel amp. I'm thinking its just the amp but is there anyway i can resolve this with out having to get a new amp or does anyone know what could cause this. Its quite startling to my passengers when i turn on the car.
See if your turn-on wire and other power wires run together or not. Sometimes when the insulation is poor on the wiring, such things might happen. If they all run together, make sure you separate them.
You can also go to your local audio store and see if they would sell you a little device that you put inline with turn-on wire and that eliminates any turn-on noise (forgot the name for it but they will know).