SC400 - power wire on stereo

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-05, 03:48 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default SC400 - power wire on stereo

OK guys,

I need a definitive answer. With an aftermarket HU - which wire should you tap into for power from the old harness for power? I understand that there is no plug and play harness, but from the 50+ wires, which one can be used to power the HU.

I need a color?

If your answer is any - CHOOSE A COLOR - then you choose a color and let me know!!

Or else a wiring diagram? Thx guys

Peace,
Jonny
Old 01-28-05, 10:24 AM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still need help? Let me know and I can give you the four main wires that you will need.
Old 01-28-05, 12:53 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pirate400
still need help? Let me know and I can give you the four main wires that you will need.
Yeah,

let me know. The guy at the stereo shop told me that you can't use any of the old wires from the harness and that the people at Lexus told them that you had to run new ones.

My car has been getting the stereo installed for 3 days now Trying hard to be patient but 3 days for a 1 hour job is a little ridiculous.

But yeah, I would like to know which wires they are.

Gene,

thx for your help also man. Hit me up -

Peace,
Jonny
Old 01-28-05, 05:09 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Im going down to check right now- ill be back in 10
Old 01-28-05, 05:22 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, these are the wires you will need if you have an aftermarket amp running your stock speakers.

Pink w/ blue stripe and Pink w/ green stripe=antenna wire. Tap into both of them at the same time together. Connect them with the antenna wire from your headunit.

Brown w/ black stripe= this is your negative wire. Attatch it to the all black wire from your new head unit

All Gray= positive wire. Attatch this to yor red power wire from head unit

Blue w/ yellow stripe= IGN. Attatch this to the solid yellow wire from your new head unit.

Now for the kicker. If you are trying to put in a cd player and are trying to use the factory amp to run the factory speakers........it won't happen. Reason? Because from your new head unit it has for example --front right + and front right -, the stock wring harness that leads back to the factory amp only has one wire. it splits to the positive and negative after leaving the factory amp. Now I could be totally wrong but......this is from my experience and from a 94 Sc4 with pioneer. However, I would assume that most of our cars will be equal.
Old 01-28-05, 06:59 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pirate400
Ok, these are the wires you will need if you have an aftermarket amp running your stock speakers.

Pink w/ blue stripe and Pink w/ green stripe=antenna wire. Tap into both of them at the same time together. Connect them with the antenna wire from your headunit.

Brown w/ black stripe= this is your negative wire. Attatch it to the all black wire from your new head unit

All Gray= positive wire. Attatch this to yor red power wire from head unit

Blue w/ yellow stripe= IGN. Attatch this to the solid yellow wire from your new head unit.

Now for the kicker. If you are trying to put in a cd player and are trying to use the factory amp to run the factory speakers........it won't happen. Reason? Because from your new head unit it has for example --front right + and front right -, the stock wring harness that leads back to the factory amp only has one wire. it splits to the positive and negative after leaving the factory amp. Now I could be totally wrong but......this is from my experience and from a 94 Sc4 with pioneer. However, I would assume that most of our cars will be equal.
U da man dawg - thank you. You should tell Dave to put this in the Stereo FAQ as I am sure it will help a lot of people,

Jonny
Old 01-28-05, 07:02 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

all of these wires with the exception of the antenna wires are in the same plug. The Big One!
Which would be plug AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
DX3- you're welcome man! I like being able to help people. Atleast i can contribute something to clublexus!

Last edited by FireCode; 01-28-05 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-28-05, 07:45 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, i was also able to use the stock wires that ran from the stock amp to the door speakers. Just make sure you unplug the stock amp.