Sponsored by:

What do you think of my new system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05, 04:38 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright bro...lets start from the beginning
1. You have a power wire that runs from the battery to the amp in the trunk. Somewhere along that power wire, you need it fused. Preferrably is should be right next to the battery.
This pic posted by Aerostar is how it looks....cut the wire into 2 peices were you plan to put the fuse and the insert the wires ends into each side of the fuse holder.

2. This is wher you are getting confused....The LLC converts your signal going to the stock sub back into and RCA signal. The RCA's plug into the amp. This pic also by Aerostar shows the RCA wires coming out of the LLC and they then lead directly to the amp.

3. You also need a ground wire fromt the amp that is attached to something solid metal in the trunk.
4. You also need to wire your remote turn-on. It has been described before how to do this
5. You have speaker wires coming from your new amp that wire into your subwoofer. The LLC does NOT wire into the subwoofer by itself. It goes into the amp via RCA's and the signal is THEN distributed to the sub via speaker wire.

NATHAN
Old 02-23-05, 05:54 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

yo thanks man but i already got all that...i already hooked up my power wire and ground. now the only thing which i am confused about is two things now:

1. where do i put the blue fuse(turn-on) wire...where does it go? i know it leads into the aftermarket amp but where does it start out from?

2, i got my rca plugged onto the boss c700 amp and then i stuck the LLC onto the other end of the rca but i need steps on how and where to put the 4 wires (grey/grey&white and green/green&white) that are coming out of the LLC from the other end....i know two are positive and two are negative, but if someone can take pics and show me how they put theres onto the stock SC sub i would be able to get the idea...same goes for the fuse, if someone can take pics of there it goes and show me i can get the idea and know where to put it
Old 02-23-05, 05:56 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

by the way, its a Q Power RCA Converter if that helps....
Old 02-23-05, 07:38 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

do what this picture shows right here for wiring the LLC to the stock wires going to the stock sub.

take the Left + and right+ and wire them together. then take the LEft- and right - and wire them together.... add speaker wire to the end of your newly twisted wire. Now find the stock wire +and- that leads to the stock sub. Cut it in 2 and strip the ends of the wire. Take the Negative wire fromthe LLC (R- and L-) and attatch it to the negative side of the stock wire. Then take the postive wire from the LLC (R+ and L+) and attatch it to the positive side of the stock wire. ABout the remote turn on... you can adda fuse to that wire the same way you did your power wire. put the fuse or toggle switch near the amp so that you have easy access. The color of the remote turn on wire that I used in my 94 was blue w/ white stripe. THe wire was found in the back deck near the stock amp.
Old 02-23-05, 10:09 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

hey thanks a lot bro, really appreciate all ur help...im gonna go toy around with it tomorrow and see how it goes but if someone has or can get any pics of the actual wiring from LLC to stock sub and/or pic of where the blue remote turn on fuse goes then please email it to me at supraman3001@yahoo.com or post it up here...thanks for ur help guys!
Old 02-24-05, 03:35 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

alright, i took out my stock sub and i hooked up the rca converter to it with Pirate400's helpful instructions but im still trying to figure out where the blue remote fuse wire goes. i know it goes into the stock sub's amp, BUT WHERE? can someone pleeeeease email me a pic of their remote wire hooked onto the stock sub amp so i can know where to put it on my 92 SC300. THANKS!
Old 02-24-05, 05:43 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

You dont see a blue and white wire running on the back deck? Its there somewhere....Some of the wires have a black shroud around them to keep them in a bundle. peel back the shroud and see if you can find the wire. YOu aren't going to get a picture unless someone has already taken one because to get the pic you are wanting requires taking out the whole back interior.
Old 02-24-05, 07:24 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wire your amp's remote turn on wire to your power antennae. You will see a red with green striped wire running to it, run a t-tap off that. That is the single BEST place to run your remote turn on wire from, I promise. Also, theres no need to run a fuse along your remote turn on line
Old 02-26-05, 05:30 AM
50loser
Driver School Candidate

I got a question for ya, Why do you have the sub pionted up instead of back into the car or any other direction?
Old 02-26-05, 07:41 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Its kinda angled to go up through the stock sub hole and into the cabin. I did it this way so I could mount my amp on the box (it did not fit on the backside of it, but the underside was big enough)