Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

What do you think of my new system?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-05, 05:15 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What do you think of my new system?

Got this system for a steal. Its used for a few months but everything looks/works perfect. Its an 12" Audiobahn AW1200Q subwoofer, in a ported Qlogic 1.25 cu.ft. box, hooked up to a Pioneer GM5000-T amplifier. With the sub bridged it'll be pumping out 380 watts rms. To install it I know Ill need an LLC and I think Im gonna go with 4 gauge wiring, sound good? Im also goin to be removing the stock freeair crapper sub

Ill let you know how it turns out when I install it. Any comments/criticism very welcome.

PS. When installing the system, should I install the LLC before the stock amplifier or after it right before the stock sub (which will be removed). Or should I remove the stock amp (is that amp used for anything besides the stock sub?) and install the LLC there?

PSS. This is in a 92 SC3 with the stock Pioneer system
Old 01-27-05, 05:27 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leave the stock amplifier alone. Tap into the wires somewhere close to the middle of teh amp and stock sub. If you ever want to go back and re-install the stock sub(if you sell your car) this will allow you to properly connect the stock wires back together. Did you get a chance to hear the setup you are about to install before you bought it? Audiobahn is decent. The lower level subs lack in areas such as definition but you should be fine. When you install it and if for some reason you don't like the sound, get a box built to its specs. Q-Logic is solid though. 4 gauge wire is plenty big for your application.
Old 01-27-05, 06:16 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Awesome, thast the one thing I was unsure about. As for hearing it, no, but for $80 shipped to my door I could not pass it up. With the ported box and 380 watts, it should hit pretty hard, and hopefully it'll be clean too. Ill let you know
Old 01-27-05, 06:39 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it would definetly should hit more bass than the OEM sub.
Old 01-27-05, 06:42 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Oooooh another question. So the sub is a dual voice coil, but it appears as if it the previous guy only wired one of the coils in the box. So I need to know how to run one bridged channel to the single hookup on the back of the box, and then split the signal to both coils. How would I go about doing this?

PS. Wait I think I found it, would I do option #1? http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-...pedance=DVC4x2

And about hitting harder than the stock sub, I sure hope so haha

Last edited by /Aerostar\; 01-27-05 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-28-05, 10:27 AM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

either option will work, it just depends on how your amp runs at the Ohm level and what DVC option your sub is Dual 2 or D4.
One more thing, it will hit harder I have a 15 in the trunk with about 700 watts and sometimes I still want more bass. It is just hard to get all the sound from the trunk to the cabin.
Old 01-28-05, 11:05 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Well it is defenitley slightly better than the factory sub but don;t pound it to hard, it may blow that q-logic box to smithereens(sp?)
Old 02-21-05, 08:41 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Well I just installed it this weekend with the help of Pirate400's and SupraCoupe3's guides. It was pretty damn easy, especially for my first installation ever. I really like the results too, the sub hits hard, or hard enough for me atleast. Its also suprisingly clean. I ended up having to install 2 new terminal cups myself and sealing the box with lexan and silicone (instead of leaving it ported), and Im very glad I did. Heres some pics:

(The power wire was just running like that temporarily, I have it properly routed through the rubber things on the side of the rear seat)

Total Cost: ~$125
Old 02-21-05, 04:10 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

good job Bro-- Nice and clean!!!
Old 02-21-05, 05:06 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

hey whats going on man, nice set up you got there...yo do you think you can email me the pics of your LLC hooked up and the fuse so i can see how you did it and where you put those because i got my power wire and the ground done...its just the fuse and rca converter that i need to finish installing and im kinda clueless ....please email me at supraman3001@yahoo.com with pics and steps for DUMMY'S on how to hook the fuse and rca if u can..thanks in advance
Old 02-22-05, 11:03 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sc2jzge300
hey whats going on man, nice set up you got there...yo do you think you can email me the pics of your LLC hooked up and the fuse so i can see how you did it and where you put those because i got my power wire and the ground done...its just the fuse and rca converter that i need to finish installing and im kinda clueless ....please email me at supraman3001@yahoo.com with pics and steps for DUMMY'S on how to hook the fuse and rca if u can..thanks in advance
Alright, but only cause Im such a nice guy . Wiring the fuse should be self explanatory, and the LLC you can wire up easily

Old 02-22-05, 11:12 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Heres a quick markup of the LLC wiring

Old 02-22-05, 07:38 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job on the install. I also noticed on your license plate that you are from sarasota also?
Old 02-22-05, 09:38 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Great job on the install. I also noticed on your license plate that you are from sarasota also?
Haha yea man, Venice to be specific. PM me if you wanna meet up sometime
Old 02-23-05, 02:29 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

hey whats going on man. thank you so very much for taking out your time and helping me out...i see how you got the rca wired but do you think you can take some pics of the LLC positive/neg wiring going into the sub and show me how exactly u hooked the wiring to the sub and which sub...also, i cant find your post on how to wire the fuse...perhaps you can send me the link for that or take some pics of the fuse box and the fuse wire and show me where to put it "for dummys" lol...thanks dude, i really appreciate your help!

Quick Reply: What do you think of my new system?