Sponsored by:

Shop concern

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 12:53 PM
Carolinaboy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop concern

Mods, I'm sorry but I didn't really know where to put this message....

I bought an AVN 2454 unit about a month ago from a store about 40 min away from me. This was the closest authorized dealer of Eclipse to me. I went to the dealer because of the warranty and the theft warranty. I have had lots of concerns about this place. THey have been really shady and I need some comments on what I should do.

1. I bought the unit and when they finished installing it, they told me they did not have the navigation CD.....so I wait a week for the navigation CD to arrive
2. When I pick up the car and wait for the keys, I notice that the display model was gone, so it turned out they used the floor model, but never told me.
3. I get the navigation CD, but the navigation does not work, so I go back to the store to get them to fix it, which they do.
4. When they finish the Navi problem, I leave....but then I drive away and notice that the ABS light is on.
5. I go back to fix it, they take the car down to the garage...I see one guy take the car out to drive to "fix" the problem....two guys come back....the car is gone for over 25 min.
6. They do not know how to fix the abs problem
7. It took them over 3 weeks to give me the instruction manual because they said they didn't have it
8. When I call them to ask them if they know how to fix the ABS problem, they keep on delaying it and say that they are still talking to eclipse
9. I have been back over 5 times....that's a lot of miles...couple days ago they told me they knew how to fix it, but when i got there, they said they didn't know how to and told me to call back in the next few days...

This is friggin crazy and has me very very frustrated. I asked for a refund, but the receipt says that all installed stereos returned will receive only store credit. I do not want this at all. They have not installed my screen properly at all. The ABS light being on could be a safety issue. Does anyone know what I can do? I have talked to student legal services at my school and they told me that I should just go to the lexus dealership to get it fixed and make them pay for it...but i am sick and tired of dealin with the car audio shop..

Thanks in advance for everyone's input
Old 02-02-05, 01:02 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

did you pay full price for this ??

off topic you did the recieve the video game right lol
Old 02-02-05, 01:14 PM
Carolinaboy
Driver

I paid 1950 total....

ya i got the video game...hehe thanks
Old 02-02-05, 01:29 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you paid for a brand new unit right ?

are you positive is the floor model

reguardless

they are the ones who messed up ....i would tell them ypu plan on taking to a lexus shop and will be sending them the bill

see what they say.
Old 02-02-05, 01:45 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Welp seeing I manage a stereo shop maybe I can shed some more light on this topic.

They prolly gave you the floor model and the reason why they don't have the manual is prolly because they stole it out of the box for another customer that needed one. You can contact eclipse and tell them you are having problems with one of their dealers. This will initiate immediate closure to your problems. See if Eclipse can send you a manual on their own. If not pm me maybe I can get you one.
As for the ABS light this could be because if the speed sense wire? I am not sure how they installed the unit but for the NAv they should have hooked up speed sense. Try to find another dealer somewhere near you and explain what has happeened and see if they will help you. They may because they may want to make a customer out of you. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Old 02-06-05, 08:20 PM
Carolinaboy
Driver

It is the floor model....I brought it up with the store dude when I got frustrated at him and all he said was that he had told me that from the beginning. Such a liar...but now I know that I am never going to that store again...I called them like 5 times last week and they told me they hadnt figured it out and they were still in contact witth eclipse...I think now..I am just going to take that lawyer;s advice and go to lexus and have them fix it...and then give the bill to the car audio store. The car audio store would have to pay for it rite?
Old 02-06-05, 09:53 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Go ahead and buy a small tape recorder and a wired mic and put it on you. go to the stoer and get the guy to talk about it being the display model. gring up the fact you paid full price, make him say everything you can. Then call a lawyer.