Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

AVN2454 System Help/Advice Pic!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-05, 11:07 AM
durightman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVN2454 System Help/Advice Pic!!!

Alright guys here is the deal. I got the avn2454 installed yesterday and a local audio shop here for $225. No problems other than I think my unit sticks out too far and I lost my factory subwoofer. Sound quality has greatly deteriorated.

I need to know what I can do to restore sound quality and do you guys know where I can get a wood dash kit to fit around the HU? Maybe not an actual wood kit to fit it, but atleast where I can purchase and cut a wood trim?

I was also looking at a PIONEER TS-W253F 10" Free-Air Component Subwoofer to replace my rear.
.400 Watts Max Music Power
.140 Watts Nominal Power Handling

Is that good?

Need Ideas on a type of amp to push the sub. As you can see I am not an audio enthusiasts nor possess the knowledge to pick a decent system. Help guys

Here is a pic of the unit sticking out. I may take it back to see if the shop can make it flush.
Attached Thumbnails AVN2454 System Help/Advice Pic!!!-eclipse-avn-install.jpg  
Old 02-08-05, 12:01 PM
stock4now
Rookie

Default dash kit

Your situation sounds very similar to mine. I too got the avn installed, and afterwards, I lost use of the sub. As for the dash kit, the shop I bought mine from just modified a single din kit for my car. Needless to say, I was unhappy. It stuck out just like yours does. I called Carson Toyota and ordered the JDM double din kit and did the swap myself. It's actually pretty easy. Let me tell you, the color matching to the dash is great! I was able to get it to fit flush, but unfortunately with this kit and HU, there is a gap that goes around the face. The only way I know to eliminate this is to have one fabricated for you, which can be costly, or make it yourself.

With regard to the sub, I don't know how the pioneer sounds. I myself am looking into getting the Diamond Audio D6 sub (replaced the M6). I found a place near work that would do it for a pretty good price. I heard this works pretty well in free air (infinite baffle) applications.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-05, 06:45 PM
maaloxx
Pole Position

Default A possible solution

I am faced with the same dilemma and am trying to get all my ducks in a row. I found a possible solution to the whole "can't use the factory AMP thingy. Check out www.autotoys.com

They have a adapter that will allow you to intergrate your factory amp.
Old 02-14-05, 08:09 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thats a metra harness for toyota premium sound. I have a gs300 with the pioner radio and neither that harness nor the 8113 worked. They have different plugs that dont fit.