Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

JL Audio IB4 install in SC???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05 | 12:42 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Default JL Audio IB4 install in SC???

To all SC owners. I know people have used the IB4 to replace their stock Nak or Pioneer sub but I have some questions regarding the install. Those of you that have put in the JL know that the JL's cage is shaped differently from the NAK which causes it to have more "underhang" (the amount of speaker below the deck lid). This causes the magnet to hit the fuel tank and will not allow the sub to sit fully flush in the mounting hole. What have others done to solve this?? Use MDF to increase the height on the top of the deck lid? This seems to me as the only plausable solution. I've already begun the installation and have hit this snag. Also, I have taken pics of everything done so far and will use any info shared for a DIY w/pics post (with credit to info supplier of course! ). Thanks for your help guys!!
Old 02-15-05 | 02:00 PM
dentpusher
Pole Position

Just make a MDF baffle to bring the sub up and you can modify the grill so it still looks factory.
Old 02-15-05 | 02:16 PM
RyanG
Driver

Originally Posted by dentpusher
Just make a MDF baffle to bring the sub up and you can modify the grill so it still looks factory.
That would be the easiest way. Shouldnt be too hard, just outline the subwoofer onto the mdf and cut away. Good Luck

Ryan
Old 02-15-05 | 02:34 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by dentpusher

Have you seen this done? What type of modification was done to the stock grille?
I figured the MDF baffle would be the way that made most sense, just wnated to see if anyone else had any different ideas. Thanks for the help guys!!
Old 02-15-05 | 03:01 PM
dentpusher
Pole Position

You can shave down some of the plastic under the grill. It usually doesnt take much just shave a little off and check. Then when done fire up the sub and make sure your not slapping it with the cone and your set.