Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Installing Subs And Amp On Stock Radio...clueless...need Help!!!!!!!!! Pleease Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-05, 06:55 PM
Sc2jzge300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay guys, i think i might have wasted the whole day today....i was at this stereo shop because my friend works there and he told me he would get one of the installers to help me out with my system...anyways, i went down and bought the whole amp kit with the rca's, fuse, ground, power wire etc and i also bought an rca converter. i opened up my whole center console by myself, i took out the whole radio and then one of the installers came and told me that i didnt have to take the radio out...he said all i have to do is connect the rca converter to one of the back speakers (he preferred the stock sub) and then just hook up my boss c700 amp to it...so i had to put back everything back together and when i finished i just realized that only my front drivers side speaker is working now...the rear and the passenger side arent...can anyone tell me why? did i not put back one of the wires back and if so, which one because i will have to open my radio back up tomorrow and connect whatever i missed...can someone tell me which wire it is so i dont have to waste any time looking for it
Old 02-20-05, 07:31 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just did this yesterday/today and it was a pretty simple task. And let this be known: The definitive remote turn on wire is the red with green stripe wire going into the power antennae connector

Run a t-tap off that and then a few feet of wiring to your amp and your good (its in the trunk already).

Also, those using a line out converteer (RCA converter), you will want to remove your stock sub, cut off the connector, extend the wires into your trunk, run a t-tap off the positive and a t-tap off the negative, then run one of each into each channel of the converter. If you run only the stock wiring into the converter, you will only be giving your amp half of your possible input (losing half your power just like that)

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask, I just did this so its fresh on my mind
Old 02-20-05, 07:38 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Man if you would have read my thread i recommended to you and the other one. You would have realisex there was no need in taking out the headunit. About the speakers not working...let me get back to you. Ok what exactly were you amping? just a new subwoofer or were you amping a new set of front speakers? Also, it would be really hard to disconnect a speaker. All the wires are basically contained in one plug (Plug A) which also happens to be the biggest plug that goes into the back of the head unit. If you do a search for "pioneer wiring diagram" you will find the site that has the info about which wire is which. I would be more concerned about what this installer did honestly. More info about what was done to the car would help.

Last edited by FireCode; 02-20-05 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-20-05, 09:27 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sc2jzge300
okay guys, i think i might have wasted the whole day today....i was at this stereo shop because my friend works there and he told me he would get one of the installers to help me out with my system...anyways, i went down and bought the whole amp kit with the rca's, fuse, ground, power wire etc and i also bought an rca converter. i opened up my whole center console by myself, i took out the whole radio and then one of the installers came and told me that i didnt have to take the radio out...he said all i have to do is connect the rca converter to one of the back speakers (he preferred the stock sub) and then just hook up my boss c700 amp to it...so i had to put back everything back together and when i finished i just realized that only my front drivers side speaker is working now...the rear and the passenger side arent...can anyone tell me why? did i not put back one of the wires back and if so, which one because i will have to open my radio back up tomorrow and connect whatever i missed...can someone tell me which wire it is so i dont have to waste any time looking for it
Very difficult to help you in this situation. I strongly recommend doing more research beforehand to prepare for installations like this, or bring your car to a qualified experienced installer.
Old 02-20-05, 10:33 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gave you step by step instructions on how to wire in your setup... why'd you go and do all that?
Old 02-20-05, 10:59 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Where in Texas are you at bro? If you are in Austin, i might be able to help you out!
Old 02-21-05, 08:49 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh yea, me and my friends found somethin pretty funny while installing my sub this weekend, when we first went to remove the center console to access the car phone power wire (DONT wire ti this way!! use the antennae wiring, much easier!!), we found that there was a black painted BLOCK OF WOOD being used as the mount for the car phone. A block of wood!! We couldnt believe it